PDA

View Full Version : Megs Endurance confusion.

Pages : [1] 2

Changeling
03-23-2007, 07:07 PM
OK guys, I have searched as much as time will allow.

I picked up some Megs Endurance tire gel this morning on sale at a local parts store, because I remember hearing positive things about it but I can`t remember really!

The guy at the counter was fairly busy, but said get ready for at least 45 minutes to do 4 tires! There are instructions on the back but I thought I would run this through you guys for thoughts on what you have experienced. It is a 16 oz container.

Will this product clean the tires as well as providing protection and a "Look" or should I use a tire cleaner as well of some sort?

Changeling

Black Diamond
03-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Tire cleaner first ALWAYS! Then, Endurance. 45 minutes? LOL, no way!

Just put it on but not real heavy with a foam tire dressing applicator.

BTW: What flavor of Endurance did you get?

I just love the natural finish. Better than High Shine IMHO.

vdubbya
03-23-2007, 07:30 PM
The guy at the counter doesn`t have a clue.......are you sure he wasn`t talking to someone else. Just use a good foam applicator after cleaning/drying and you`re good to go. I like it alot!

BMW335i
03-23-2007, 08:41 PM
I picked up Meg`s Endurance today.

Now I have 4 tire dressings to date...lol. Yeah, its an addiction/obsession.

99torchredvette
03-23-2007, 10:42 PM

Perfect advice! I like the natural better than high gloss too. Endurance lasts much longer than other products I`ve tried, no yellowing either. Did the guy at the counter have a beer gut and no wedding ring? Those are always the experts! LOL

vdubbya
03-23-2007, 10:44 PM
Too funny! LOL

whitejavaS500
03-23-2007, 10:59 PM
Honestley,I`ve tried numerous tire dressings, and Endurance High Gloss continues to be my favorite BY FAR. Use it, you`ll love it.

Hope this helps,

Ben

Setec Astronomy
03-23-2007, 11:10 PM
I picked up Meg`s Endurance today.

Now I have 4 tire dressings to date...lol. Yeah, its an addiction/obsession.

Four?!?!?!? You`re kidding...you must only be getting started! ;)

BlueLibby04
03-23-2007, 11:20 PM
I can understand where he is coming from. The grape that I use(high gloss) is so thick, it takes awhile to get a good even coat.

With the megs Hot shine, it goes on much easier and quicker, but doesnt last as long and its really shiny.

:)

paul34
03-23-2007, 11:53 PM
I recommend picking up a can of AA tire foam as well (yes! more tire dressings! :D ). If you do a simple spray on wipe off method with the foam, THEN put on the Endurance, it goes on so much better.

Maybe its just my tires, but I always found it hard to get the Endurance to spread. Not super difficult, but I had to use quite a bit of product. Now with the foam, I can apply very well and only have to squirt a little more on my tire swipe a second time. So I don`t use anywhere nearly as much product as before, and it actually looks good (and stays!) on the tire :). Very nice.

I love the stuff, and the look it gives. I do have the "high gloss" version, but I prefer it. I don`t like high gloss on big sidewall tires, but I have those low profile tires and a dark car so IMHO a shiny look looks best. Opinions differ, but I like the gloss - however, not the "ghetto gloss." You`ve probably seen it, it comes with the crappier "bling" dressings. High gloss has always given me a very nice, satiny gloss.

velobard
03-23-2007, 11:55 PM
I like Endurance OK, but I hate how sticky it is.

As for the 45 min estimate, maybe he`s removing the tires one by one to do the job. :nixweiss

imported_steveo3002
03-24-2007, 04:43 AM
maybe he meant 4 to 5 minutes??

gb387
03-24-2007, 07:29 AM
I use Endurance all the time, easy to use and really takes very little time at all. After I apply Endurance I let it sit for 10 min then wipe down with an old towel.

Changeling
03-24-2007, 01:56 PM

I got the HIGH GLOSS. It was the only bottle left for $3.00 bucks so I won`t go ballistic if it doesn`t give me the look I want which is natural/soft/satin. Someone on Autopia said you can wipe it down for a softer shine (High Gloss).

Paul: What is AA tire foam?

Changeling

gb387
03-24-2007, 02:26 PM
I got the HIGH GLOSS. It was the only bottle left for $3.00 bucks so I won`t go ballistic if it doesn`t give me the look I want which is natural/soft/satin. Someone on Autopia said you can wipe it down for a softer shine (High Gloss).

You are correct, wiping it down does reduce the shine.