PDA

View Full Version : How is this detailing process

NikonGuy
03-23-2007, 05:23 PM
I`m kind of confused by all the steps in detailing.

I have a PC 7424, yellow, white, and gray pads. I also have XMT #1 and #2 and XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze. ONR is on the way as well as PB SSR2.5

I haven`t detailed yet. I am trying to get the steps down to a tee.

Wash

Dry

Clay

Polish to get scratches out (I`ve been researching this so I get the general idea)

Now here are the ? marks

Next step is carnauba finishing glaze

Than KAIO

Than Acrylic Jett

Than finish off with Natty Blue

Is this the order. Just confused on when the KAIO and Acrylic Jett comes in. Thanks

BMW335i
03-23-2007, 08:11 PM
I`m kind of confused by all the steps in detailing.

I have a PC 7424, yellow, white, and gray pads. I also have XMT #1 and #2 and XMT Carnauba Finishing Glaze. ONR is on the way as well as PB SSR2.5

I haven`t detailed yet. I am trying to get the steps down to a tee.

Wash

Dry

Clay

Polish to get scratches out (I`ve been researching this so I get the general idea)

Now here are the ? marks

Next step is carnauba finishing glaze

Than KAIO

Than Acrylic Jett

Than finish off with Natty Blue

Is this the order. Just confused on when the KAIO and Acrylic Jett comes in. Thanks

This process looks just fine, thought I would just omit the carnauba finishing glaze completely, I don`t see it as entirely neccessary, IMO. Some would say topping AJT is unneccessary, but if you really want to, I see no harm.

A sealant like PB EX-P is designed as a base layer for carnaubas, I beleive.

NikonGuy
03-23-2007, 10:09 PM
So are you saying I should either pick AJT or NB, not both?

BMW335i
03-23-2007, 10:12 PM
So are you saying I should either pick AJT or NB, not both?

Honestly, I would first try AJT alone and see if you like it as is. If not, go ahead and top with NB.

NikonGuy
03-23-2007, 10:23 PM
Honestly, I would first try AJT alone and see if you like it as is. If not, go ahead and top with NB.

Thanks. Do you think KAIO is necessary. I have everything except for AJT and KAIO. I might just get KAIO for now since I already have NB.

I`m going to give my car a full detail in a few weeks and just want to get the right steps (I know there isn`t ONE right way but you get the idea).

BMW335i
03-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Thanks. Do you think KAIO is necessary. I have everything except for AJT and KAIO. I might just get KAIO for now since I already have NB.

I`m going to give my car a full detail in a few weeks and just want to get the right steps (I know there isn`t ONE right way but you get the idea).

Not completely neccessary since you are already polishing with a dedicated polish but it will help clean up the paint nicely. Remember, prep is key for a good looking finish.

NikonGuy
03-23-2007, 10:28 PM
Thanks. I`ll go ahead and purchase KAIO and AJT. I`ll try out NB first and see how it goes.

BTW, know of any place that sells both so I can have it in one shipment rather than multiply my shipping costs. I`m finding out that AJT is not as readily available as KAIO

BMW335i
03-23-2007, 10:31 PM
Thanks. I`ll go ahead and purchase KAIO and AJT. I`ll try out NB first and see how it goes.

BTW, know of any place that sells both so I can have it in one shipment rather than multiply my shipping costs. I`m finding out that AJT is not as readily available as KAIO

The only place AJT is available is their website, www.jeffswerkstatt.com , KAIO, on the other hand, is availiable at nearly all online retailers.

NikonGuy
03-23-2007, 10:32 PM
Thanks for helping out the newbie