PDA

View Full Version : Black Wheel Schmitt Thoughts

Detailin' Willy
03-23-2007, 12:12 AM
Hello all.

Just received a box of goodies today. One item I got was the black wheel Shmitt as well as the white one. Well, curious about the wheel mitt. Looks pretty agressive to me and was wondering what everyone thought of them that has used or is using them. Just looks a little scary to me to go after nicely clear coated wheels. Could be wrong but know someone may reassure me. Was thinking about sending it back and swapping for another white one. Thanks!! :D

I did search and didn`t come up with much in the area of the wheel shmitt, just the white and white/yellow ones.

Strokin04
03-23-2007, 12:21 AM
I use the black wheel shmitt on my clear coated wheels with no problems. Once you get it wet it doesn`t feel so intimidating and it really cuts through the brake dust really well with just soap and water. Mike...

Driven Auto Detail
03-23-2007, 08:01 AM
Once you put the Schmitt in your bucket of water it softens up. Plus, I use warm to hot water if I`m washing my own cars at home. It`s BY FAR the best wheel cleaning tool I have used to date!

I know Justin uses a black wheel Schmitt to do his washes sometimes w/o any marrying so hopefully he`ll chime in with his $.02 cents.

natebood
03-23-2007, 05:30 PM
I bought and use mine only for the wheel wells. It does seem pretty agressive at first, but like the others have stated it softens up.

silvergray
03-23-2007, 05:46 PM
I do use them for my wheels, but I`m worried they may be a touch too agressive. But, so far, there have been no adverse affects.