PDA

View Full Version : Air bag light after HU install

joshrog
03-23-2007, 12:10 AM
OK, let me first say that this is one of the most helpful, friendly sites I`ve ever visited.

I just installed a Alpine CDA 9885 in my 06 Xterra. Install went smoothly thanks to directions from Crutchfield. After all was said and done I reconnected my battery and started up the truck... BOOM! Air bag light on the dash won`t stop flashing. This was my first install but it went so easily. I have know idea what I could have done. Anyone have any ideas?

My next step is to throw the stock unit back in and see if that fixes it. The truck is still under warranty, so once I put the stock unit back in ,there should be no problem getting it fixed.

JRock10
03-23-2007, 12:31 AM
Car Audio at CarAudio.com (http://caraudio.com/) check there. you`ll probably get a better answer there than here.

natebood
03-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Did you have to unplug any "air bag" lights on the dash in order to install the HU? Mine has a light in the center of the dash that states when my passenger air bag is on or off. Long story short, I unplugged just the light and it threw an SES light. :nixweiss

smokin180
03-23-2007, 07:27 PM
my 95 dodge 4x4 360 h.o. airbag light has been on since i got it 5years ago and nobody knows why

joshrog
03-26-2007, 09:47 PM
Update:

I reinstalled the stock unit and went to the dealer. They said that a sensor for the passenger airbag was faulty. I don`t doubt that I caused the light to come on, maybe by doing so I uncovered another problem.

All in all the repair cost me nothing due to the warranty, my new alpine head unit us in and I am a little smarter.

Note: Unplug the battery (which I did) and do not plug it back in and do not cycle the ignition while airbag lights are disconnected.