PDA

View Full Version : little pits in the clearcoat!! (long)

kleraudio
03-22-2007, 12:05 PM
hey guys, well today i wanted to practice on black paint.

My mom has a black jaguar thats swirled beyond belief (autopian standards) so i figured it would be a perfect test subject :chuckle:

since my optimum is on its way, i only had PB SSR 2.5 and 1. I really HATE the way the SSR`s dust so i decided to do just one half of the trunk till i get my optimum polish and compound.

well i clayed the trunk then started with the 2.5 on an LC low profile orange pad (which by the way, it was my first time working with low profile pads and i will never go back to anything else, it was simply amazing!)

i did a pass with 2.5 and wiped down the trunk, 90% of swirls gone...but i noticed alot of little "pits" in the paint. Pits is the only word i could use to describe it. So i figured it might be left over from 2.5 or maybe there the whole time. I couldnt feel the pits with my hand i only could see them.

I did another pass of 2.5 to get the few swirls that i missed and maybe clean up those "pits". i cleaned up a few more swirls but the pits remained.

i went to SSR #1 on a Sonus DAS green pad. the finish looked nice except for the little "pits" that still remained.

Has anyone ever experienced these little pits?? what are they caused by?? can it be fixed? my first reaction is the dust from the polish may have caused this.

I dont know, Im sorry about the long post but its driving me crazy, because the finish is 95% swirl free, but doesnt look good in sunlight because of the pits.

Im sorry for the long post, any help would greatly be appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!

Jim

BigJimZ28
03-22-2007, 12:09 PM
a quick search=

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/85699-ssr-2-5-routine-also-why-does-create-mini-craters-pits.html?highlight=2.5+pits

FYI I use mostly SSR`s and have never had this problrm or even see how a PC+2.5

could do it

kleraudio
03-22-2007, 04:28 PM
thanks big jim

this is the first time ive had this problem, its very weird. I appreciate your help.

Jim