PDA

View Full Version : What generator is recommended for mobil detailing?

Reflctn Perfctn
05-08-2005, 03:33 PM
What generator do you guys recommend for a mobil detailing setup in the back of a pick up bed????? The big stuff that i will be running are, Mytee lite 2, shop vac and a porter cable air compressor. Is there a good generator that i cna get from home depot????

PhaRO
05-08-2005, 04:07 PM
3500 watts or more should run most anything you will operate. Most places will carry one of the briggs and straton engine generators (variety of names they are sold under) that are 10hp and 5000 watts. I have this model and paid around $500 for it. It gets the job done but you pay for what you get. I`ve had a couple briggs and straton based generators and they are loud and have had problems (welds busting on the frame, rivets shearing off). Despite the problems they have always started and the last one ran for 7 years. Every one I`ve owned the oil fill plugs came loose. Make sure to tighten them up real good. Having oil blow out the back of your truck is not a fun experience. After I tightened them down they have never been a problem but the memory remains and I check them often. If you can afford it then get a Honda or Honda engine based generator. They seem to be built well and are a lot quieter. I plan to get one myself when I have the money and after I upgrade/get some other things.