PDA

View Full Version : Question from newbie, should duragloss 105...

2005tundra
03-21-2007, 08:40 PM
be only applied by hand and buffed by hand. Or can you use a buffer? I am assuming I should use my buffer first with a light polish and then duragloss over?

I was planning on buffing one vehicle with Wizards Shine Master polish and then sealing over it with Duragloss 105.

The other vehicle is "like new" and does not need polishing yet (imo), this vehicle I was just going to duragloss with aw detail after. Or should I 105 with a buffer then aw.

AL-53
03-21-2007, 08:44 PM
By hand...it goes on so easy...and use less product...plus you get in all the tight spots....

Al

BlackElantraGT
03-21-2007, 08:51 PM
AL-53,

Are you applying the Polish Bonding Agent by hand also or with a machine?

AL-53
03-21-2007, 09:06 PM
I apply the bonding agent by hand also..I use the polish pal to apply it...it goes on so easy...some one used a pc and said they used half a bottle...the BA almost disappears on the paint..so hard to see whats covered...so by doing by hand you know what areas you covered

Al

2005tundra
03-22-2007, 10:23 AM
Does the polish bonding agent increase durability and longevity?

AL-53
03-22-2007, 10:57 AM
They claim it does...DG said the PBA has a catalyst in it to harden the shell and make it last longer...I used it on a lot of cars in the fall and it looks good now...all the products I have used have stood up to their claim...

I use 2 ways for doing 105...

1..I use the PBA and then 105 if they just want a quick job...The PBA cleans all residual wax`s and sealants from the paint and provides a good bonding surface...

2..If they want a little more..I use 101 after a polishing as it has micro abrasives and does ramp the finish up a bit...it leaves a nice wet look..then I use 105 after with no PBA as the 101 provides a good bonding surface...this has been my favorite combo yet...

here is a post with pics of the combo I told some one to use..

Autogeekonline Car Detailing Forum - DuraGloss 101 and 105 (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/3718-duragloss-101-105-a.html)

its a great combo for the DG product line

Al