PDA

View Full Version : Which mp3 player should I get?

accordmaniac
03-21-2007, 01:30 AM
Hi everyone. I`m going to get a new mp3 player soon but I don`t know which one. I want the Creative Zen Vision M 30 gigs but I haven`t been able to convince my mom to spend a little more money over the price that she got my sister`s 2 gig nano for so I`m looking at players around the $140-150 range. I`m looking at flash players from Creative, Samsung, Sandisk, and a slight chance of getting an ipod nano. I don`t want a ipod though because almost everybody has an ipod and I really don`t want to jump on the bandwagon. It also seems like other companies have more features in their players for about the same price. So on my list:

-Samsung T9 2GB

-Creative Zen V Plus 4GB

-Sandisk Sansa e260 4GB

These seem pretty good, but I wanted to see what other people`s opinions are since I`m not a techie. If anybody wants to recommend another player that`s in my price range then that`s fine too. Thanks for any opinions.

BlackElantraGT
03-21-2007, 02:13 AM
I definitely hate the Apple bandwagon, but IMO the best mp3 player out there is still the iPod. It`s the most popular for a reason. Now, if Apple`s OS was the same, they`d be outselling PC`s but that`s not the case, nor will it ever be.

Apple got it right with not only the iPod, but also iTunes. The two together is unbeatable. Go use an iPod, and then go use any other mp3 player and tell me which is the easiest to navigate and browse through all your music? If you can`t afford to try out different mp3 players, go download iTunes and tell me between that and Windows Media Player which is easier to use? Sure, the iPods are more expensive but what extra features do the others have? FM radio? Seriously if you have all that music, would you even still listen to radio?

I still have a lot of complaints about the iPod (such as battery life/longevity and the constant reboots) but at the moment, I don`t see anyone stealing the mp3 crown from Apple just yet. Not even Sony or Microsoft has been able to accomplish this. Even if you hate Apple, you have to give credit to them for the iPod and iTunes.

LastDetail
03-21-2007, 03:48 AM
Yeah I gotta agree with BlackElantra here, match whatever your mom is giving you and get an iPod, they are seriously awesome. I use mine everyday, had it about 3 years now and I am now looking at getting a newer one, just because of the newer even cooler features.

imported_smprince1
03-21-2007, 05:49 AM
I bought my wife the Sandisk Sansa e260 4GB for Xmas. She uses it for running and says she loves it. It seems relatively rugged, is compact, and has a lot of features for the money, including integral FM tuner and lots of memory. I`m not a techie either ... I just know it seemed to have more features for the money and after using it a few months we have no regrets. Good luck with your selection.

Hondaph00l
03-21-2007, 07:31 AM
I would say for ease of use the nano would be your best shot, like everybody said, they are #1 for a reason. But I do love my zen v plus, its not as easy to work with as my 40g ipod but its super light and easy to throw in an armband and run with. So if your at all active maybe the zenv would be good, but if you have the bucks, the nano is easier to work with and almost just as small.