PDA

View Full Version : Multiple apps of AIO products?

docker
03-20-2007, 07:22 AM
Something that I read a while back on a KAIO pamphlet let me to believe it is best to apply 2 coats of it - the 1st will mainly clean the surface, and the 2nd will prep it for an LSP. To me, that makes sense as I just can`t imagine how just 1 application can rid the surface of all the accumulated gunk (previous layers of wax, sealants), AND prep the surface for a LSP.

I am contemplating getting ZAIO, and since it is similiar to KAIO, my questions would apply it is as well.

*** If you are not using another polish to prep the surface, such as IP/FPII, SSRs, XMT, etc., would you recommend using 2x ZAIO/KAIO to prep the surface for a sealant? Or maybe a Dawn wash, then 1x of the AIO would be sufficient?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts and feedback on this...

joshtpa
03-20-2007, 07:34 AM
I have used both products, but prefer the KAIO. I do not do multiple coats of either one. Do a quick Dawn Wash and it would rid your car of previous layers.

docker
03-20-2007, 08:14 AM
I have used both products, but prefer the KAIO. I do not do multiple coats of either one. Do a quick Dawn Wash and it would rid your car of previous layers.

I know that Zaino recommends a Dawn wash, as well as many others. But there seems to be just as large a contingent of people that say Dawn will not cut through layers of sealants, and the only way to reliably do so is with a polish...

sQuashed
03-20-2007, 08:31 AM
Ive never used Dawn (since the early 80`s), never really found a need for it after that. But my experience with KAIO is One coat is more than sufficient removing any leftover LSP`s, and 2 coats would be even more than sufficient removing what you missed in the first pass.

imported_memnuts
03-20-2007, 08:48 AM
If you plan on using a LSP on top of the ZAIO, I would only apply (cleanse, polish and protect) one application of ZAIO. Multiple usage (layering) is not applicable to a polish/cleanser type of product. The second application will just remove the first and any spots (microscopic areas) missed by the single (first) application will likely be covered by the topping LSP.

No Dawn is necessary when using a product like ZAIO. Normal wash is sufficient.

Hope this helps. :wavey

docker
03-20-2007, 08:48 AM
Ive never used Dawn (since the early 80`s), never really found a need for it after that. But my experience with KAIO is One coat is more than sufficient removing any leftover LSP`s, and 2 coats would be even more than sufficient removing what you missed in the first pass.

You make a good point about the 2nd pass helping to assure that nothing was missed. I use that tactic when applying LSP`s, so I think it might be best practice for me to do the same with a cleaner. eh?

DantePasquale
03-21-2007, 11:44 AM
I would do two passes with the KAIO, just to make sure you did not miss any spots.

docker
03-21-2007, 11:50 AM
It is sounding like ZAIO has some stronger cleaning and stronger protection properties than KAIO. Is that right?