PDA

View Full Version : new to the website......

spoolup98
03-20-2007, 01:00 AM
:welcome

okay i`m not even sure if this is the right place to be posting this but here we go......would anyone be nice enough to help me out and write me a list of everything i need to start a detailing buisness?? everything from what all i need to be able to goto someones house and detail thier car/truck. and a list of all the supplys needed to wash thier car??? which are they best to use at an alright price, so basically just write a list that will tell me everything i need to know lol...your help is greatly appricated, thanks

mtbr64
03-20-2007, 01:32 AM
i would highly suggest downloading the free autopia guide to detailing. thats what i did when i first came to the site. that book is invaluable. or you can view it online.

http://autopia.org/forum/guide-detailing/

read this first it will answer most if not all your questions

ttsoca
03-20-2007, 02:17 AM
This is so hard to answer for you becouse that is what the hole site is about. To put it into one post would be impossable. First do as much reading as you can. I am new to this site and high levels of detailing also, but this site has helped me. Don`t get turned of if you don`t get a black and white answer. Read what david has said already it will help you.:waxing:

velobard
03-20-2007, 06:12 AM
Also, when it comes right down to it the specific supplies are for the most part secondary. The first and most important thing on your list needs to be technique.

coupe
03-20-2007, 07:38 AM
You need to learn how to properly detail first.

Seankf1105
03-20-2007, 08:35 AM
Also, when it comes right down to it the specific supplies are for the most part secondary. The first and most important thing on your list needs to be technique.

You need to learn how to properly detail first.

deffinite +1 for both posts. im still in the process of learning how to detail properly and have been detailing for about 5 months now. it really takes a lot of passion and experience to properly detail. if possible, try finding a job as a detailer before starting your own business. doing so will help you watch and understand how to run a detailing business and how to detail cars to make a profit.

im also dumbfounded as to how you didnt see this article under the Guide to Detailing: http://autopia.org/forum/guide-detailing/80219-detailing-profit.html :nixweiss

coupe
03-20-2007, 08:48 AM
Its funny how many threads i see where people think that starting a detailing buisness is as easy as just buying tools and products. Thats like .1% of the profession.