PDA

View Full Version : EXP/Nattys vs RMG/CMW - Help me choose!

Pages : [1] 2

temposs
03-19-2007, 09:54 PM
Guys,

Time to fill up on some new some new products. I`ve been using the SSR/EX-P/Natty`s combo for about 2 years on my Explorer, but it was recently painted and I`m wondering if I could benefit more by switching to another product family. My truck was all red/red metallic flake, and now is two-toned - bottom half is Subaru Black-Cherry (a black with red flake, awesome color!) and the top is Ford Toreador Red (red/red flake).

I`d say what I look for in products goes in this order:

1 - Appearance

2 - Ease of Use

3 - Cost

4 - Durability (I`m more than happy to wax a few times a month)

What combo will make my black-cherry flake pop? I did like the "wet" look that Natty`s added to my red, but one of you on here will definetly know a combo that will get my black popping. Perhaps I could even run the Ex-P/Natty`s combo up high on the red, and run a new "black" friendly combo down low?

budman3
03-19-2007, 10:09 PM
The EX-P / Natty`s will be good for the metal flake in the red. The EX-P is `clear looking` making the metal flake pop. I can`t say I`ve used EX-P on black before though. I have used 4 Star UPP and Wolfgang Sealant and wow, those make black look great. Top it with OCW or the new Souveran Spray wax and the black would look great. Mind you this is on nicely polished paint.

BigJimZ28
03-19-2007, 10:15 PM
EX-P, RMG, NB

this is a good combo, give it a try!

Scottwax
03-19-2007, 10:16 PM
RMG/CMW will have a deeper look but you should still have excellent pop. You could also top those two with Nattys.

imported_DieselMDX
03-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Rmg/cmw Is Stunning

atticdog
03-19-2007, 10:29 PM
ez creme glaze/cmw

temposs
03-19-2007, 10:51 PM
Guess I`ll give Clearkote`s stuff a shot then. CMW = Carnuba Moose Wax, or Clearkote Moose Wax? I see they have two products fitting that abbreviation! Pakshak seems to have the best prices on this stuff, no?

temposs
03-19-2007, 11:10 PM
Found my answer using that nifty search function thing... D`oh!

So CMW = Carnuba Moose Wax... Gotya. Gonna place an order for some VM, RMG, CMW, and some QuikShine to see if I like it more than my Mother`s Reflections QD. Thanks!

74 thing
03-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Used the RMG/CMW combo on a black 350z a week ago. Saw it a week later and still was impressed. That will be my go to from now on on black.

Pennypacker
03-19-2007, 11:13 PM
Since you rank appearance first and durability last, I agree with the others that recommend a glaze then a wax. RMG then either CMW or NB will look great.

(Here`s (http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/55451-clearkote-day.html?highlight=clearkote+day) a thread from Eliot from a while back about his Clearkote detail.)

temposs
03-20-2007, 12:08 AM
Picked up the ClearKote package w/ RMG option, along with some VM, and a Shmitt to try out from Danase. I`ll have some pics this weekend hopefully!

So all in all, I walked away with Compound Moose, VM, RMG, CMW, ands some QuikShine. Is Compound Moose similar to SSR2.5?

imported_DieselMDX
03-20-2007, 12:09 AM
nice choise u will be happy

Gen2
03-20-2007, 01:37 AM
You can also try out the pink moose originated from Scottwax (50/50 VM/RMG), great stuff.

imported_Bence
03-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Compound Moose is an excellent polish which can be impressively aggressive, yet it will finish down beautifully. Good working time, virtually no dust.

Inzane
03-21-2007, 11:15 AM
bottom half is Subaru Black-Cherry (a black with red flake, awesome color!)

Can you please, please show some pictures of this? I`ve had something like that in mind for when it comes time to repaint my Z (currently a solid non-metallic black). I`d love to see what a "black cherry" color looks like in a variety of types of light.

Thanks!