PDA

View Full Version : best pads for beginner on rotary

whiteWRX
03-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Hi,

After much deliberation I am buying a rotary (probably the Hitachi).

I really like the idea of the `Edge` pads however I am unsure if I should get the wavy or flat. What is a safer bet. I do have a good amount of experience with the PC, so the transition to rotary should not be too bad.

Also I plan on getting some Menzerna PO106ff and see that Blackfire has their own version with `more lubrication" (ie longer break down time). Again which is the safer choice?

:thx

quantim0
03-19-2007, 07:54 PM
I used my Hitachi rotary for the first time on a friends BMW this weekend. I use the 8" Edge wave pads. I didn`t damage the paint and the panels never got too hot. I just did my car with a light polish in some spots and didn`t do an damage. I would start with the wave pads in whatever size you choose. It certainly won`t hurt to keep the panels as cool as possible.

whiteWRX
03-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Just another quick question,

Will the Edge adapter work on the Hitachi?

Any ideas on the polish?

wannafbody
03-19-2007, 09:53 PM
The Edge pads are good no doubt but the 6.5 inch LC CCS pads are so smoooth with a rotary

gben
03-20-2007, 02:15 PM
Yes the edge adapter should work nicely on your hitachi,just remember when ordering to get the adapter specifically made for rotarys.

David Fermani
03-20-2007, 08:15 PM
It`s alot easier to learn with a wool pad. Try a wool polishing pad and you`ll love it!!

imported_Lightman
03-22-2007, 10:39 AM
I haven`t tried the edge pads, but after trying a few different other pads, decided I like the 6.5" lake country vc pads the best...just so much easier for me to control and keep in a straight line.

coupe
03-22-2007, 10:44 AM
I just got my rotary:

http://autopia.org/forum/machine-polishing/86838-finaly-got-my-new-toy-1-pic.html

Im gonna use my edge2K 6" pads with it to learn and use after learning.