PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Washer on heavily stained tires?

LikeaRock
05-07-2005, 09:45 AM
Hey guys, just a quick question.

I was wondering, would a 2400 PSI pressure washer be o.k to use to try to get the dirt stains out of tires, after a good degreasing/scrubbing? My sisters Toyo Open Country A/T`s are pretty stained, and I was thinking this might clean them right up! I imagine it`s safe, just want to double check :)

Thanks

BlackSunshine
05-07-2005, 10:43 AM
Is it adjustable, I use 1300 PSI on my tires with no adverse effects. If not adjustable, just hold it back from the tire a bit. You`ll be pleased with it after a good soak and scrubbing. That`s my 2 cents.

AMDin93103
05-07-2005, 12:53 PM
Use the right nozzle attachment and start from a very conservative distance. I think I am washing somewhere around 1700psi with a "misting" flow nozzle at about 4-5 feet. HTH

Don
05-07-2005, 05:36 PM
I`ve had good luck wetting down the tires using a good APC or something like EO A2Z and the 1100 psi pressure washer at the self serve. It seems to get most of the really bad stuff off. I still scrub the tires a 2nd time (it`s the OC coming out)

LikeaRock
05-08-2005, 01:52 AM
Thanks guys. I thought I was going to be able to wash the truck tomorrow, as well as pressure wash the race trailer, but they`re saying we`re going to have a big storm tomorrow, WTF!

Mikeyzr
05-08-2005, 06:30 AM
I use a light duty degreaser and about 1700 psi on the fan nozzle. Let the APC soak a bit and it should clean right up! If you have white walls, use a tire brush too and then let it soak in. If you use a de greaser, make sure it`s safe for your type of wheels. Some of them are not made to be used on aluminum or mag wheels (rims) because of an alkali content.

Mike

97FLAIRSIDE
05-08-2005, 04:22 PM
If my rims are bad, which they tend to get with these horrible pads. I use Greased Lightnings orange wheel cleaner and goto the selfwash. Soak the rims, let em sit for a few then blast if off and repeat if necessary.