PDA

View Full Version : Eco Touch Waterless Wash

Scottwax
03-18-2007, 11:49 PM
I was contacted by the owner of Eco Touch and he asked if I would be interested in trying their waterless wash. He said it is geared more towards the consumer market but he was interested in knowing what a professional detailer thought of it. I received a bottle of the waterless wash and a smaller sized version in concentrated form. This is a product meant for vehicles that aren`t too dirty and cautions against using on vehicles that are excessively soiled, muddy or sandy.

I had an Escalade to wash on Friday (along with her SC430) and since she`d been out of town most of the week and the Escalade wasn`t too dirty, I went ahead and tried the Eco Touch wash. It seems to clean very well and adds noticable slickness. Cleaning power seems on par with Poorboy`s Spray and Wash but it leaves a slicker surface.

Dirty:

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/Eco_Touch_before.jpg

Clean:

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/Eco_Touch_after.jpg

Seems to be a decent product for a quick cleaning if your car isn`t very dirty. I`d probably test it in an inconspicous spot first if you have soft paint just to be on the safe side. It is recommended for shade useage only. It definitely seems to leave something behind that adds slickness. Will it extend the life of wax or aealant? I don`t know but if you use Zaino, you might want to conventionally or ONR your car instead if you are applying another layer right after cleaning.

Is this a product I`d use regularly? If I had a garage queen that is driven once or twice a week on sunny days, yeah, I`d consider it, especially if I had driven through any standing water. Basically, this is a product you`d use if your car is too dirty to just dust and QD but not so bad that you *have* to drag out a hose or mix up a bucket of ONR or QEW. Might be good if you drive to car shows in your area. In my business though, it would probably see only occasional useage, probably on cars that have sat in the garage all week and just need a light cleaning.

chml17l
03-19-2007, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the review, Scott.

How would the Eco Touch compare to a qd strength mix of ONR? I`m assuming you used the Eco Touch from a spray bottle and just wiped with a plush microfiber. It appears that the amount of light soiling on the Caddy could have been easily handled by just about any qd. The Eco Touch did seem to be a little pricey to me when I looked at their website.

Are there any instances that you think you would favor it over a qd strength mix of ONR from a spray bottle?

Integra81
03-19-2007, 03:56 PM
hey guys, if you`re looking for information on eco touch, the website isn`t live yet...

look for it to be online by wednesday eco touch waterless car wash + polish (http://www.ecotouch.net)

the website will have all the pricing available (4oz, 22oz, 1 gallon) so not sure where you got any info on this yet :)

Scottwax
03-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the review, Scott.

How would the Eco Touch compare to a qd strength mix of ONR? I`m assuming you used the Eco Touch from a spray bottle and just wiped with a plush microfiber. It appears that the amount of light soiling on the Caddy could have been easily handled by just about any qd. The Eco Touch did seem to be a little pricey to me when I looked at their website.

Are there any instances that you think you would favor it over a qd strength mix of ONR from a spray bottle?

I really haven`t had any real `in-between` vehicles to test it on, pretty much either QD capable dirty or bad enough to require convetional/ONR washing. My impression is the cleaning power should be more than a pure QD but I prefer to take increasingly dirty vehicles in small steps to more accurately determine just what Eco Touch can and cannot clean.

I`d say the slickness it left behind was on par with Clearkote`s Quikshine.

wannafbody
03-19-2007, 04:53 PM
I wouldn`t consider that first photo to be "dirty". Waterless washes have a place but IMO they aren`t for vehicles that see real world dirt and grime.

a.k.a. Patrick
03-19-2007, 05:55 PM
I have recently tested a Waterless wash as well, and I have to admit (At least the one i have tested) it has what I believe to be a considerable amount of lubricating agents/surfactants in it which help in safer soil elimination/removal. It also leaves the surface pretty dad gum slick. It is a Eco/Green product, all natural, totally harmless. I have used it on several details with excellent results. Slickness is beyond what I have experienced with any QD. More along the lines of a spray wax.

The reason for this type of product is when water use is restricted, or just not available/practical it will meet the needs of most. Of course one should use common sense when using any non traditional type wash method. But so far so good, and its a keeper.

captkirk2
03-19-2007, 07:52 PM
I used to use this type of product and abandoned them for ONR and QEW washes. At some point dirt will be wiped on the surface and scratches will occur. Perhaps after a quick wash then I might use this type product as a QD/Spray wax.

Scottwax
03-19-2007, 10:10 PM
I wouldn`t consider that first photo to be "dirty". Waterless washes have a place but IMO they aren`t for vehicles that see real world dirt and grime.

Agreed. They are more for maintenance cleaning than anything else. I do have some customers whose cars sit in a garage 6 days out of 7 but they still want them cleaned weekly. Would be good on occasion for those situations, although I`d still want to ONR wash every other time. I guess I have to see if there is any time savings that is worth the extra cost per use.

I am guessing maybe 8-10 `washes` are in the 22 oz bottle I have.

Pennypacker
03-20-2007, 01:41 AM
Whew! I got this confused with that Eco-Sheen product for a sec. Thank goodness! :)

a.k.a. Patrick
03-20-2007, 07:43 AM
The better products have come a long way over the years. I remember about 10 years go trying a sample of one (which will remain nameless), it was more of a spray wax at that time. But now they have polymers and surfactants and all these other things i cant pronounce or spell, but......they work pretty decently!

Integra81
03-22-2007, 07:40 PM
The eco touch website is now "officially" up for those who were asking before, thanks.

eco touch homepage (http://www.ecotouch.net/product_details.php?pid=14)

klnyc
03-22-2007, 08:04 PM
Whew! I got this confused with that Eco-Sheen product for a sec. Thank goodness! :)

Yeah thats what I was think too OMG:nervous2:

Eco-sheen was a blast :sosad