PDA

View Full Version : QD immediately after wash?

1Bad81Bu
03-18-2007, 06:45 PM
Is ther anything wrong with QD immediately after you wash and dry the auto? What about if you sprayed off at a carwash? Could you take it home or w/e and then QD? Any problem with either of these ideas?

imported_paradigm
03-18-2007, 07:19 PM
using a QD after a wash is perfectly fine...very common to do so just to get rid of any streaking from soap, etc....also boosts shine.

i would not do a QD after a spray wash. too much grime is left on the paint with just a spray...you really need to use a mitt to properly clean the surface. if you look closely after a spray wash you`ll see what i mean.

sspeer
03-18-2007, 07:20 PM
I have often QD`d after drying..to remove hard water streaks

Super_Herb
03-18-2007, 09:14 PM
i use QD pretty much all the time after a wash.....helps boost the shine and fortify the LSP (if compatible).

Accumulator
03-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Yeah, I`ve been QDing the drivers after most washes. Not only leaves things nice and slick (and a little better protected), but also provides some added lubricity in case some dirt shows up when I`m drying (all sorts of stuff can appear when I use the compressor to get water out of nooks and crannies).

I would`t do the carwash idea, just too great a chance that abrasive dirt would be left on there and mar when you wiped it off. I`ve done such things before and while it`s better than just a regular wipe-off it`s not what I consider optimal. It`s the sort of thing I do with service loaners and rental cars and it works *fairly* well if they were recently detailed/waxed and weren`t too dirty before being run through the car wash.

GlossyTundra
03-19-2007, 01:28 PM
I find it much more uncommon to NOT qd after a wash. It really brings the shine back up and helps with protection.

klnyc
03-19-2007, 01:37 PM
Yeah, I QD every wash too. Bring out the shine and alittle bling :grinno:

docker
03-19-2007, 01:45 PM
If I spray down at a DIY spray I will either followup with a 4-in-1 or I`ll use S&W on the whole car. Both will complete the washing and both will leave lots of shinners! Then you can QD with your fav if so inclined...

1Bad81Bu
03-19-2007, 08:32 PM
I have used QD after cleaning the last few cars I have done. I noticed it help bring out the shine. Just wanted to make sure all was good. Does make a little difference I feel also. Just wondering about the spray wash as I already know how well the "car wash" works. Makes sense. What is the 4 in 1 and S&W? Thx guys. I love this site.

SVR
03-20-2007, 07:19 AM
I do it while drying and sometimes spray it on then do a sheeting rinse.

Pockets
03-20-2007, 07:35 AM
I also spray on a QD after washing. As everybody else said it just gives it a better look.