PDA

View Full Version : Hey from kansas

spacemonkey
05-06-2005, 08:18 PM
Whats up everyone. I`ve been lurking around reading all that I can before I start on my truck. I have learned a ton from all youre posts. Anyhow ups just droped my pc and pads so i am ready for battle.Since I bought all that i`m kinda short on cash and have to wait to order my pb stuff.I have some of the meg`s 3 step and I want to go at my truck should I use that or wait till I can get my pb`s?If I do use the megs what would be a good scratch and swirl remover to use that I can find localy? I know I should prob wait till I get the good stuff but I feel like a lil kid with a new toy and I want to try it now. Thanks for any help

audiboy
05-06-2005, 08:54 PM
Hello and welcome to DC. Personally, I would wait, but thats just me. That and I really love what PB`s products do to my finish. How long do you think it will take you to make your next order?

Totoland Mach
05-07-2005, 07:06 AM
spacemonkey: greetings from another Toto Land detailer. If you want to get started with your pc for swirl remover, get some Meguiar`s #83 and use it with a #8006 polishing pad.

I don`t know where in KS you are, but I do several vehicles here in Overland Park.

See Ya

Totoland Mach

Patrick
05-07-2005, 10:25 AM
Hey, from Calif. (Cant-afford-ya)
I`d suggest going ahead and trying the 3 step, just to get acclimated to the PC. Also, in my opinion, 83 would be a little harsh as a beginner product, you`d be better suited trying 80 or even #9. Cant go wrong with the less abrasive Poorboys worls products also (1.0, 2.0).

spacemonkey
05-07-2005, 01:22 PM
totoland I`m in salina could not find any #83 so I went started with #9 with a polish pad didn`t seem to do to much so i #9`d with an orange pad then used meg polish and ended with megs carnub. I`ll wait to get my pb`s to do my entire truck but i wanted to learn how to use my pc so I pulled off my tailgate and practiced on it.

JaredPointer
05-09-2005, 09:20 AM
I`m a little late on it, but :welcome anyways.... :)