PDA

View Full Version : Upp

Pages : [1] 2

DBC
03-18-2007, 12:14 AM
just used this again today for the first time in ages.was gonna strip everything down and put a layer of KAIO followed by UPP.well it started to rain so i didnt even bother stripping everything off so i just ONR washed and clayed.car has some EXP so i figure i would just layer the UPP over it.something i noticed immediately.it dried pretty quick!removal was effortless and man,the slickness.granted i have a white car but i could still see a rainbow in the sky reflecting off the hood.

i only used this because for me its never lasted that long and i figure what the heck,just keep using it up till its gone.but now its got me thinking.even though it doesnt last that long i just cant get over how slick it feels initially.wipe on and wipe off.and i wouldnt mind applying it every now and then just to renew its slickness factor

it used to be put on the back shelf but now its starting to grow on me all over again.anyone else feel the same?

Setec Astronomy
03-18-2007, 12:24 AM
So many products, so little time...I also was very impressed with UPP`s slickness, and inversely with it`s longevity, but I have been planning on revisiting it in the spring on one of my cars, like you, over KAIO. I always thought UPP might work pretty well on a not-perfectly-prepped surface since it seems to be quite solventy...and always wondered how layerable it actually is for the same reason.

DBC
03-18-2007, 03:53 AM
yep its longevity, to me, is what made me not use it so much but after putting on a coat today,i must say its something small to pay to get that feeling of satisfaction when youre finally done with it.

what else have you put on the back shelf that youre thinking of re-visiting?for me, im gonna grab that bottle of #20.first sealant i have ever used since reading and joining Autopia.havent used MPPP but im thinking of trying it out since theres an auto parts store just 5 minutes of a drive that i can go and pick up.

Rob

natebood
03-18-2007, 11:25 AM
You could always polycharge it...has anyone PC`d UPP yet?

Pats300zx
03-18-2007, 11:30 AM
You could always polycharge it...has anyone PC`d UPP yet?

I think Tort Polycharged some UPP and said he loved it.

TortoiseAWD
03-19-2007, 10:35 AM
I think Tort Polycharged some UPP and said he loved it.Yep . . . I can`t say much about durability yet (hasn`t been on the car very long), but it looks great, and initial slickness was amazing - better than UPP alone.

Tort

natebood
03-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Keep us updated on the longevity if you don`t mind.

TortoiseAWD
03-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Keep us updated on the longevity if you don`t mind.I`ll try, but I`m an unrepentant frequent waxer, and I used UPP on my own car. It may not be on there for more than a month or two, and it will almost certainly get QDed and boosted, just because I like fiddling with my paint.

For me to really give it a test, I`ll have to use it on one of the cars that I care for (my family, gf and her family, a couple of close friends). Those cars don`t see nearly as much regular care as mine, and will be a better test.

Tort

Accumulator
03-19-2007, 05:05 PM
TortoiseAWD- Any shelf-life issues with the PCed UPP? Apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere :o

Shelf-life really matters to me as it takes a *long* time for me to go through a whole bottle of UPP. Heh heh, I sometimes have to stop and think about which bottle is which version (v2.0 vs. v3.0), plenty left in each.

imported_Nimble
03-19-2007, 07:18 PM
TortoiseAWD- Any shelf-life issues with the PCed UPP? Apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere :o

Shelf-life really matters to me as it takes a *long* time for me to go through a whole bottle of UPP. Heh heh, I sometimes have to stop and think about which bottle is which version (v2.0 vs. v3.0), plenty left in each.

I agree with the sealants that I have. 16 oz is a LOT of sealant for one person`s car. I probably only used 1/2 an ounce at the most on my small Toyota with the DG 105. Still need to try that 4oz sample of UPP Al-53 hooked me up with. :heelclick

Setec Astronomy
03-19-2007, 07:24 PM
Nimble, I think Accumulator was referring to the shelf life after the Polycharger is mixed in. Since Tort hasn`t answered yet, I`ll toss in that it`s my presumption that you have to batch mix the Polycharger into the UPP, in the same way that you would mix ZFX into Zaino.

TortoiseAWD
03-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Accumulator,

Solvent-based products (such as UPP) treated with Polycharger for Sealants (CH2) only have a shelf-life of a couple of days, so as Setec said, you`d want to mix a small batch when you intend to use it. The dosing instructions are two droppers of CH2 per ounce, so it`s pretty easy to mix 1/2 oz. at a time (that`s about how much it takes me for an average car).

Polycharger for Sprays (H2O) doesn`t have that issue, even when used with Klasse or Werkstatt. You can Polycharge an entire bottle of QD at a time without worry, or charge up a few oz. of Klasse/Werkstatt and not worry about it going bad.

Tort

Accumulator
03-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Setec Astronomy & TortoiseAWD- OK, thanks for explaining (and saving me the search ;) ).

Woob
03-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Interesting Findings, I really love UPP. Only downside is the durability. Floaty Slickness, Unique Gloss, and easy to use!

imported_DieselMDX
03-20-2007, 03:57 PM
so is polycharger basically ZFX?