PDA

View Full Version : Excel Erasure Pads

toml
03-17-2007, 10:46 PM
Hi all,

I have a mixture of Propel pads (grey, blue, green) and Propel P2 pads (orange). My green pads are looking ready for a replacement, but I noticed that Patrick is no longer stocking the Propel pads but new Erasure pads. In terms of differences, from what I can see, the color coding has changed. For the Propel pads, the green was more abrasive than the blue. With the Erasure, they seem to have flipped ... the blue is more abrasive than the green.

Has anyone tried these pads and can you tell me how they compare to the Propel pads?

Thanks,

Tom

Deviant
03-18-2007, 01:43 AM
Currently Erasure pads are the only ones that my Rotary sees =)

Nice and firm pads. I like the new abrasive levels with it, though it does take some getting used to compared to the system we`ve always been familiar with. The different levels seem to help with different types of paint / level of correction

natebood
03-18-2007, 11:27 AM
If I remember correctly, the Erasure pads are made by Lake Country. So the color`s should correspond accordingly with their other pads they manufacture.

porta
03-18-2007, 04:04 PM
Buy the green pad from American buffing.

maesal
03-18-2007, 08:56 PM
Are the Erasure PADs firmer than the Propel v1?

Propel v1 were very comfortable via rotary...

maesal
03-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Buy the green pad from American buffing.

Could you tell more about this PAD my friend? :)

a.k.a. Patrick
03-18-2007, 11:04 PM
Maes, your pm`s are full.........

maesal
03-19-2007, 07:03 AM
Maes, your pm`s are full.........

I solved the problem. Thanks my friend. :bow

toml
03-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Hmmm, some response ... thanks! I`ve also found a source for the P2 pads (thanks AB).

Since I`m looking at getting a couple new pads, I`ve also done some reading on the Edge pads. According to this post (http://autopia.org/forum/machine-polishing/82936-pad-color-coding-standard.html?highlight=edge+pads#post834594) though, it seems like the Edge greeen pad is the same abrasive level as the Propel orange pad (of which I have two brand new pads). For those of you who`ve used/have both Propel and Edge pads, is this truly the case?