PDA

View Full Version : Zaino options for purple Mazda 3s?

Radian78
03-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Hi there!

We recently purchased a 2005 Mazda 3s, in dark blue/ purple. The paint pretty much does not bead, and has swirl marks all over the car (not very deep though). I`ve included pictures of the car after I washed it today. (no wax of any kind). The close-ups are the door, and the bumper (with all the debris on it).

I have been researching like crazy for about 2 weeks now on Autopia and various other auto websites. I`ve decided on Zaino as the product to use, but would appreciate some assistance on choosing the best combination.

I`m torn between these 2 packages:

1. Z-Aio, Z-CS, Z-8 (triplets) plus Z-7 & Z-18, maybe Z-5 Pro

2. Zaino Total Protection Show Car Kit plus maybe Z-CS

I am not sure how bad this swirling is, so would I need:

1. Z-Aio

2. Z-5 Pro

3. Z-PC

I like the fact that Z-Aio can be used on multiple surfaces including wheels, glass etc. but I`m thinking it may not give me the shine in comparison to using Z-5 & Z-2 layered

This is a daily driver so I`m looking for the best protection, shine & durability. I don`t mind spending the time detailing the car, it actually helps me relax.

Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Okke

mikebai1990
03-17-2007, 09:59 PM
I`m not familiar with the Zaino line up, but for your situation, I would definitely recommend using clay to get rid of the contaminants before you go for the Zaino.

mgm2003
03-17-2007, 11:12 PM
I love the metallic flake in Mazda paint! Nice car.

If you plan to go with Zaino, here`s what I would recommend:

Prep:

Wash

Clay (use your wash solution as a clay lube)

Polish:

ZP-C (your defects look to be a bit too much for AIO)

Z-AIO will only correct very minor marring, and it looks like you have some swirls to knock out.

Z6 QD wipe down after your polish step.

Topper: (For great looks, and great protection -per your posted needs)

Z5Pro zfx`d x 2. I like to apply x 2 on my rides to ensure 100% coverage. Less than 1oz of product should give you 2 coats on everything (paint, glass, trim, wheels). Mist your applicator with Z6 to help ensure that you apply a VERY thin coat. I would also recommend using a separate applicator for your wheels because you`ll usually pick up some dirt no matter how well you clean them. You can wipe Z5 with a clean finger (LOL), to check if it has dried. If it wipes off clean you`re good to go. If you get a haze let it dry a bit longer.

Z6 QD between Z5Pro coats.

CS. This is optional, but will add maximum durability, and also add to the overall appearance.

Z8 Wipe down (optional, but if you want additional `pop`, you`ll like the look). Z8 over cured CS gives an insane look IMHO.

For weekly wash upkeep:

Z7 Wash

I mix Z6/Z8 4:1 for a QD wipe down while I`m drying my car. IMO, the added lube helps reduce drag/marring from your drying towel.

For maintenance between `full details` and assuming you have good washing techniques.

The `Triplet` pack works well.

Good luck and let us know if you have any more questions.:up

p.s. -There are other options too, I`m just recommending what works well for me.

imported_rydawg
03-17-2007, 11:39 PM
I would go for the Protection kit as well as the triplets package. That way you have everything you need for any condition you choose. Plus it is very addictive stuff and very enjoyable doing it as well. All of there products are Excellent! Plus the ease of use is great and is easy to get great results.

Clay first

For those swirls I would suggest ZPC or ZAIO

Z5x2 w/ZFX

Z2

CS

Z8

You will be very happy with that color. Mazda paint is nice to work with also. Can`t wait to see the posts when you are done.

gmblack3
03-17-2007, 11:54 PM
I love the metallic flake in Mazda paint! Nice car.

If you plan to go with Zaino, here`s what I would recommend:

Prep:

Wash

Clay (use your wash solution as a clay lube)

Polish:

ZP-C (you`re defects look to be a bit too much for AIO)

Z-AIO will only correct very minor marring, and it looks like you have some swirls to knock out.

Topper: (For great looks, and great protection -per your posted needs)

Z6 QD Wipe Down

Z5Pro zfx`d x 2. I like to apply x 2 on my rides to ensure 100% coverage. Less than 1oz of product should give you 2 coats on everything (paint, glass, trim, wheels). Mist your applicator with Z6 to help ensure that you apply a VERY thin coat. I would also recommend using a separate applicator for your wheels because you`ll usually pick up some dirt no matter how well you clean them. You can wipe Z5 with a clean finger (LOL), to check if it has dried. If it wipes off clean you`re good to go. If you get a haze let it dry a bit longer.

Z6 QD between Z5Pro coats.

CS. This is optional, but will add maximum durability, and also add to the overall appearance.

Z8 Wipe down (optional, but if you want additional `pop`, you`ll like the look). Z8 over cured CS gives an insane look IMHO.

For weekly wash upkeep:

Z7 Wash

I mix Z6/Z8 4:1 for a QD wipe down while I`m drying my car. IMO, the added lube helps reduce drag/marring from your drying towel.

For maintenance between `full details` and assuming you have good washing techniques.

The `Triplet` pack works well.

Good luck and let us know if you have any more questions.:up

p.s. -There are other options too, I`m just recommending what works well for me.

:werd:

Sounds like to me that John`s plan will work out great.

Can`t wait to see the pics when you are done.

Radian78
03-18-2007, 12:22 AM
Wow thanks for the replies & full steps on the recommended process.

I will be sure to post some pics when it`s been Zaino`d!

Thanks again,

Okke

mgm2003
03-18-2007, 12:40 AM
I`m looking forward to hearing about your experience and seeing the results :)

Good luck and let us know if you have any other questions.

Deviant
03-18-2007, 01:37 AM
MGM pretty much nailed it. That blue flake is beautiful! Def post up some pics in the click and brag when it`s finished