PDA

View Full Version : perfect shine kit.

mtbr64
03-17-2007, 08:54 PM
hey guys,

first of all id like to say i love this forum lots of technical knowledge, its almost overwhelming.

im looking at buying the perfect shine kit. but i had a few questions:

- do the swirls come back after the product is faded over time? or do these products actually remove swirls instead of hiding them?

- will using a PC make that much difference in over all quality?

im also looking for a rain x type product to apply to my chrome rims. so they basically reject water and dirt so it doesn`t stay all dirty after a rain fall. a simply highpressure wash will get them clean. or am i having a pipe dream?

additionally i would like to know what products you recomend for cleaning my roof and leather seats. and protecting them for life.

ive used 303 on my seats and i was not happy. i will only use 303 on my dash.

also the sealant that comes with the perfect shine kit. how often should it be reapplied? and is the wax durable enough to go 3 months without touch up?

im very sorry if all these questions have been asked, but ive been browsing for 3 weeks and i can`t seem to get these specific answers.

esentially i want my car to look deep and wet and durable. so when i got wash my car at the local pressure wash the dirt will melt off. i don`t have the facilities to hand wash

BigJimZ28
03-17-2007, 09:24 PM
- do the swirls come back after the product is faded over time? or do these products actually remove swirls instead of hiding them?

- will using a PC make that much difference in over all quality?

---if you use a PC you can remove the swirls

im also looking for a rain x type product to apply to my chrome rims. so they basically reject water and dirt so it doesn`t stay all dirty after a rain fall. a simply highpressure wash will get them clean. or am i having a pipe dream?

---a good sealant on a well preped rim will make cleaning supper easy

I like the Klasse twins but there are many others that will work well

additionally i would like to know what products you recomend for cleaning my roof and leather seats. and protecting them for life.

--- is there anything special about your roof?

esentially i want my car to look deep and wet and durable. so when i got wash my car at the local pressure wash the dirt will melt off. i don`t have the facilities to hand wash

---not going to happen but you can ONR anywhere!

mtbr64
03-17-2007, 09:43 PM
onr? i tried using the decoder ring couldn`t find out what u meant.

so im basically in need of a pc and and i can use the sealer that comes with the perfect shine kit on my wheels. can i layer sealers?

so the only way to get my car really clean is to hand wash? so i take it pressure washing is taboo around here.

my headliner is and a pillars and b pillars are all fabric so they could use a good cleaning. just not sure how to go about it without leaving marks or soaking it.

Monte78Carlo2k1
03-18-2007, 01:41 AM
ONR - Optimum No Rinse

Optimum NR Wash & Shine (Qt) (http://www.prestostore.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?ref=exceldetail&ct=46688&pd=277629&or=747820&recview=11)

Just one place that carries this product!

mtbr64
03-18-2007, 04:53 AM
so you would wash the car with a wool mitt with this product and just dry right away? wouldn`t that be enducing major swirls?

BigJimZ28
03-18-2007, 03:04 PM
so you would wash the car with a wool mitt with this product and just dry right away? wouldn`t that be enducing major swirls?

NO, search ONR and start reading!

at least one post a week asking questions about it

info should be easy to find

if you can`t find it just ask:spot

mtbr64
03-18-2007, 04:26 PM
well ive done some reading on onr and i like what i have read so far. i think i will order some.

so for a fresh detailer would these be sufficient supplys?

ONR wash

2 wool mitts

perfect shine kit

pc and only finishing pads not cutting pads

303 for the interior

sonus leather cleaner and conditioner

303 carpet shampoo

meguiars endurance tire gel.

stoners glass cleaner

rainx for the windows