PDA

View Full Version : z6 over zcs?

imported_john1c
03-17-2007, 12:34 PM
hey guys. im a bit confused.. my g35 was getting light swirls back so i went with the following

106ff w/ white pad @ 1500 rpm

z5pro

zcs

im wondering if zcs leaves streaks can i just follow up with z6? will that do anything that messes up the zcs? and also how long do you have to wait for zcs to cure or completely dry? thanks guys!

docker
03-17-2007, 01:03 PM
I typically give a couple hours for CS to dry/cure, then if there are any streaks I followup with Z8 or Z6, although typically I use Z8.

Don`t be too quick with the Z6. Let CS take it`s time curing and drying. Like I said, I wait a couple to few hours then hit it with the QD and have been extremely pleased with the results.

imported_memnuts
03-17-2007, 01:17 PM
CS should dry in about 30 minutes under normal conditions. Most of the time CS has dried or disappeared in 15 mins. Like Docker stated, if you are not planning to drive the car let CS remain untouched for an hour or 2. If it is a customer vehicle or you plan to drive, Z6 or Z8 can be used to remove any "residual" CS after 30 minutes without harming or effecting further curing of the CS under the residual or otherwise dried CS on the vehicle.