PDA

View Full Version : Edge wool pads?

kpagel
03-16-2007, 03:09 PM
I thought I remember hearing that there are wool pads for the Edge 2000 system. I have my adaptors (both DA and rotary) and foam pads arriving in the mail today from Autogeek, but I can`t seem to find wool Edge pads (if they exist).

So if they`re out there, where can I find them? Thanks.

SpoiledMan
03-16-2007, 03:57 PM
The ONLY place that I have seen them for sale is CG`s.

rollman
03-16-2007, 04:38 PM
I thought I remember hearing that there are wool pads for the Edge 2000 system. I have my adaptors (both DA and rotary) and foam pads arriving in the mail today from Autogeek, but I can`t seem to find wool Edge pads (if they exist).

So if they`re out there, where can I find them? Thanks.

Yes they do exsist in all the grades as the foam pads come in . They come in both 6" and 8" sizes. 8" would be easier to find locally. Perhaps if you contact AG they may be able to get you some.

Check autobody supply stores , they usually work with wool pads more so then detailers do . Where about are you located ? :buffing:

kpagel
03-16-2007, 05:31 PM
I`m in Southern California. Last time I went to auto body stores I could only find 3M wool pads (with conventional velcro backing).

SpoiledMan, what is CG`s?

SpoiledMan
03-16-2007, 05:33 PM
Chemical Guys. I don`t think they have them on the site but they do have them in store.

kpagel
03-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Chemical Guys. I don`t think they have them on the site but they do have them in store.

Thanks, I`ll give them a call.

imported_rydawg
03-16-2007, 08:27 PM
I just got my Edge wool pads (Presta Pads) at my local body shop supply store. They are actually made for the Presta buffing system. Ask around body shop supply stores for new edge pads or the new presta pad system. Edgepads.com has links to where you can buy them too. You can even custom order pads that have wool on one side and foam on the other.