PDA

View Full Version : Mother`s Clay?

LastDetail
05-06-2005, 05:10 AM
Anyone every use Mother`s Clay?
How did you like it? They were having a special at this automotive store and it was discounted so I bought 2, with the lubricant and whatnot included.

Way2SSlow
05-06-2005, 06:56 AM
I like the Mothers Clay just fine. I try to get Clay Magic now because it is much less expensive. I think Mother`s kit is right around $20 and Clay Magic is lik $9.99.

mix300
05-06-2005, 07:52 AM
I have the mothers clay and it works fine... But the price can be a little to much. I have been lucky to find it a wally world and Kmart for like 10.00 on sale.. I have since picked up the zaino clay (a little hard to bend but good) I have some claymagic.. and love the stuff.. Big bar and bends easier.... Meguiars... clay.. Let`s just say I won`t buy it again.

Debelli
05-06-2005, 08:55 AM
MIX, do you not like MEGS due to it being sticky? I bought some due to the price being $7, but when I went to read info on it (always do before I attempt to use anything) I found many didn`t like it. Was wondering why you don`t like it yourself. Will probably take it back.

THANKS

Debbie

dpeezy415
05-06-2005, 09:18 AM
The reason it is more expensive is because it comes with the cleaner wax and the detail spray. Both the detail spray and cleaner wax are decent products.

If I were you, I`d do a detail using all three, then when you notice the wax starting to fade, use another one of your LSPs.

PS Don`t get the cleaner wax on your trim. If you do, use peanut butter to remove...

JaredPointer
05-06-2005, 09:29 AM
Deb - I think I remember someone talking about the Meg`s clay being overhauled or something. It`s a different "type" clay now than it was a few months ago. For the life of me, I don`t remember where I read this, so don`t take my word 100% on it. You may want to try going over to Meg`s online forum and asking there. You`ll get a definite answer there, I`m sure.

LikeaRock
05-06-2005, 09:33 AM
The first clay bar I bought and that I`m still using (although I`m needing a new one) is the Mothers bar. I`ve had great results with it. Once you work the clay for a few minutes, its very easy to use :)