PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of applying an AIO and then....

brig2221
03-16-2007, 07:46 AM
What do you guys think of applying a AIO like Klasse, and then moving directly to a Carnauba Wax such as P21S and skipping the sealant all together?

I know that Carnuauba does not last nearly as long as a sealant. However, I am a novice at this and first starting off. I am wanting something that is fairly easy to put on and take off, and I REALLY want that went paint POP look being that I have a brand new Black car.

So, does anyone see a real problem with doing the following next weekend:

Wash

Clay

Wash

Klass AIO

Immediately apply P21S Carnauba after AIO

Apply Pinnacle Crystal Mist QD approximately 12-24 hours after P21S cures

I`m thinking that the above products and process are going to give me a good clean paint surface before I wax by claying and using the AIO, and then hopefully getting the rich wet paint look with the Carnuba Wax and Pinnacle QD.

Is this a master plan, or am I really missing something here? Thanks!

Setec Astronomy
03-16-2007, 07:50 AM
That sounds fine. IMO the P21S won`t have lost any "rich wet paint look" in 12-24 hours, so save the CM until after you wash to restore that "just waxed" look. Enjoy yourself! You`ve selected an easy, good-looking regimen, and you seem to have understood that the P21S is a "beauty" wax that won`t last as long as some others, and may need to be rejuvenated with the CM.

imported_Yal
03-16-2007, 08:33 AM
I use a similar combo except my wax is Collinite 845.

imported_smprince1
03-16-2007, 09:26 AM
AIO works great as a cleaner and base before any LSP ... sealant or wax.

Accumulator
03-16-2007, 01:09 PM
I go against the tide on this one: I usually only use AIO if I`m gonna use SG. If I`m going with a carnuaba (e.g., Collinite) I use some other product first. And I`d sure expect it to need some polishing before the LSP, whichever you use.

Heh heh, I think I just gave you the same basic advice on anothe thread.