PDA

View Full Version : Which one to use for Taffeta White?

BenjiBoy650
03-15-2007, 09:37 PM
So I`ve never owned a white car before and I`m wondering which product out of these you would use for Honda`s Taffeta White? It does have a clearcoat over it IIRC

1) Meguiars Gold Class

2) NXT Liquid

3) Zymol Cleaner

4) Meguiars Cleaner (red bottle)

5) AIO

Thanks

twitch
03-15-2007, 10:01 PM
I would use the AIO for its cleaning ability and a good base then top it with 2 coats of NXT.

BTW... welcome to Autopia. You will soon be hooked and your neighboors will think you are strange :lol

mrduke
03-15-2007, 10:25 PM
I owned a 1999 Honda CRV in Taffetta White, which i purchased used in 2002, and just recently traded-in for a new CRV. I`m not sure how the paint was cared for before I had it, but it did a a fair share of swirl marks.

I had great success with the 3M Perfect-It Foam Polishing Pad Glaze-Light (this is for light colored cars, they also make a Dark version) for removing swirls and small imperfections with a DA polisher and a yellow or white foam pad. After the polishing, I used Klasse Sealant Glaze applied by hand for the protective coat. I often used several layers of the SG. I think for a white vehicle, it had a great glossy look to it.

The secret to using SG is to use very small amounts. On a white car, you should hardly see any film left after you have applied it. If you use too much, it will be harder to buff off. In that case, use a spritz of quick detailer on your microfiber cloth before buffing.

If you have no swirls to get rid of, I think the Klasse AIO followed with the SG would work good also.

Duke