PDA

View Full Version : FPII, Blackfire SRC, 3M SRC, 3M PII Opinions

mrduke
03-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Hi all!

I have a new 2007 Honda CRV in Tango Red Pearl. I posted a while back about suggestions, and am now looking for opinions on my final choices for a polish:

Menzerna FP II

Blackfire SRC Finishing Polish

3M SRC Finishing Material # 05927

3M Perfect-It II Foam Polishing Pad Glaze-Dark

After reading a ton of messages about different polishes and AIO`s I have decided to use one of the above in a polish then sealant process. I believe I am going to try the Werkstatt AJT for the sealant. Choosing a polish has been more of a dilemma.

I will be applying the polish with a DA polisher using a white or possibly green polishing pad. The paint is in very good condition with only the minor scuffs and swirls induced by dealer washings etc. I am not sure if Honda uses a hard clearcoat, but I understand the Blackfire SRC will work fine on normal clearcoats, and that the 3M product is very similar. It is also apparent that many people believe that the Menzerna polishes are the best.

I want a polish that is pretty mild, but will do the job, without any fillers left behind.

Your opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Duke

joshtpa
03-15-2007, 05:14 PM
With the list you give, FPII and Blackfire are the two that I like the most. I give a slight edge to the Blackfire, because I think that it comes off easier during application. But both do a great job and are very mild.

Bigpoppa3346
03-15-2007, 05:40 PM
I have used both FPII and Blackfire SRC FP. For the *ultimate* finish, go with the BF, if you can stand the high cost and a bit of dust. For a less expensive, but also impressive alternative go with FPII. Neither of these products will fill.

FWIW Honda CC`s are on the soft side.

velobard
03-15-2007, 08:51 PM
Another vote for Blackfire SRC. I`m not familiar with the 3M SRC, I haven`t heard of it before.

mrduke
03-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Thanks all for the opinions so far. And to Bigpoppa for the insight on Honda`s clearcoats. Any more opinions/suggestions will be appreciated.

Duke

icu812
03-15-2007, 10:19 PM
FPII gets my vote tried and proven

or BF although I haven`t used BF, it`s supposed to be on par with FPII

I have heard good things about the BF products

when my Menzerna products runs out I will be trying the BF line-up

SpoiledMan
03-15-2007, 10:41 PM
FWIW Honda CC`s are on the soft side.

Actually, I`ve seen that they`re all over the map these days. Some harder than others. I wonder if it has anything to do with place of origin?

mrduke
03-15-2007, 11:04 PM
Maybe I`ll give the local Honda dealers body shop a call, and see if they have an answer for the new Honda clearcoats.

Duke

SpoiledMan
03-15-2007, 11:13 PM
I will be *truly* surprised if you can get an accurate answer from them. I know that shouldn`t make sense but it`s kind of like the age old question of "Is Lexus solid black single stage, BC/CC or tinted CC?" Your experience will tell you more than you can find out even from the Lexus HQ and all those cars come from Japan!