PDA

View Full Version : acura nighthawk black...

marshallc
05-05-2005, 09:39 PM
heres my current procedure on my nhb 2k2 tl type s, dawn wash, clay, dawn wash, ssr2.5 with cutting pad, ssr 1 with polish, ex with finishing, and a few layers of nattys by hand.

this combination provides great deep, and very wet looking results but thats not what im looking for.

im looking for the combination that brings really brings out the metallic in teh paint; any insite on the perfect combo after the ssr stages?

thanks

Mad iX
05-05-2005, 10:38 PM
First off, I wouldn`t go with dawn wash too often. Maybe once or twice a year, max.
Zaino brings out metallics great, but an alternative (which I would go with) is UPP. Slap on a few layers of either will be close to as good as it gets (imo).
Zaino will let you put on 5 layers in one day. UPP, you`ll have to wait 24 hours between layers for best results. Just depends which way you like it.

91LSMAN
05-06-2005, 12:34 AM
I love the deep look on Nighthawk black. (mom`s RL)

Freakin Dust magnet. :lol

groebuck
05-06-2005, 09:21 AM
I have an antharcite grey metallic 03 TL-S - the I find the metallics pop best when I use Vanilla Mouse and then top it with EX-P. - It just sparkles in the sun :)

marshallc
05-06-2005, 09:24 AM
i take it upp replaces the ex/nattys? whats the best way to apply it, hand, pc and if pc at what speeds.

groebuck
05-06-2005, 09:25 AM
Upp by hand or PC - by PC use it at 3ish -thin coats - it goes on fast. Let it sit for about 30 mins - remove. It will be slicker than snot ;)

C_Rock77
05-06-2005, 09:38 AM
i take it upp replaces the ex/nattys? whats the best way to apply it, hand, pc and if pc at what speeds.

You can STILL top with Natty`s if you wish. The UPP will take the place of the EX. I know quite a few members use a carnuba topper on top of their UPP layer(s). I, personally, really like the look of UPP.

Give it a try and see what YOU like!

marshallc
05-06-2005, 09:55 AM
i was doing a quick once over lastnight before i went out and put a layer of mothers cleaner carnuba ( the little red bottle that comes with the mothers clay kits) and was shocked at how much deeper/wetter the paint was; if you have some free time i recomend giving this a try.

so vm/ex-p or upp with a carnuba on top. any carnubas that are known for bringing out the metallic?

sites from which to get these products are also appreciated.

i would also like the most cost effective method; the tl is begging to be tinted and this will be dipping into that fund.

thanks

n1976jmk
05-06-2005, 03:47 PM
yes, cut out the dawn wash, the clay and ssr 2.5 will take care of everything... damn zaino made everyone think they need dawn, leave it at your sink and out of your detail bucket.....

enjoy the detail though

marshallc
05-06-2005, 05:19 PM
i just ordered some upp, and vm and will go from there. i think im going to try ssr1, vm, upp, and nattys.

marshallc
05-06-2005, 07:28 PM
well ordering upp and vm wasnt enough, picked up some ex-p and spray and gloss.

any recomendation as to what to try here. vm, ex-p, nattys

vm, upp, nattys
vm,ex-p,upp, nattys if thats possible

groebuck
05-07-2005, 02:07 PM
Check out my thread - this is VM/EX-P/Natty`s

http://www.detailcity.com/showthread.php?t=11959