PDA

View Full Version : please tell me im doing something wrong...

dgoff07
03-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Okay, so i have a gallon of optimum tire dressing and it has been giving me gray hairs 30 years before i should be getting them. here is my process

clean tires with hi-temp tire cleaner with brush 1-2 times.

let everything dry

spray lightly on tires and really work it in well with a rag

then I use a foam tire dressing applicator soaked in the dressing and rub it around a couple times

by the time i do all 4 tires, the first one i did is dull and spotty. ***, why is this happening. most people say that Michelin tires really shine with a dressing, but all three sets of Michelin tires that i have detailed recently looked awful when dressed. just for kicks i applied the dressing 10 times to one tire and twice to another and they both looked exactly the same. no shine at all, no satin sheen, just ugly looking tires. whats the deal, do i have a bad gallon of optimum tire shine or what.

it just seems that the dressing disappears into the tire. i have just about given up on it and still have a lot left.

please someone tell me you can help me!

Dan

GlossyTundra
03-14-2007, 07:52 PM
I have that problem with optimum as well. Maybe not as bad, but it still gives me trouble. Try letting the product sit on the tire for a min or two and then rub it in with a rag or applicator.

Setec Astronomy
03-14-2007, 08:04 PM
I don`t have any trouble at all with the Optimum Tire Shine. I spray it on a tire swipe and apply, and I don`t touch the tire afterwards (except if I`m doing another coat).

dgoff07
03-14-2007, 08:35 PM
I don`t have any trouble at all with the Optimum Tire Shine. I spray it on a tire swipe and apply, and I don`t touch the tire afterwards (except if I`m doing another coat).

I wish that was all i had to do! why do you think i am having such trouble with it? Is it possible that i got a bad batch or something? it may have frozen once, would that cause any issues?

thanks,

Dan

paul34
03-14-2007, 10:57 PM
It might just be your tires... some tires are just really uncooperative.

Setec Astronomy
03-14-2007, 11:20 PM
The freezing could have messed it up...why don`t you sent Optimum an email and ask them if it`s damaged by freezing?

dgoff07
03-15-2007, 06:11 AM
The freezing could have messed it up...why don`t you sent Optimum an email and ask them if it`s damaged by freezing?

i will today and i will let everyone know what response i get.

thanks,

Dam