PDA

View Full Version : Need Wax recomendation

Pages : [1] 2

Saleenfan
03-14-2007, 01:22 PM
Ok a freind of mine just took delivery on a 2002 BMW Z8 and he asked me what wax he should use. I suggested P21s however I was thinking... has anyone ever used Zymol Ebony i thought it would be a good one to consider, any posotives/negatives?

But as I havent used too many different types of wax what would be the best for a Black (non metalic) car?

So im asking the experts.

any help would be appreciated.

Danny

BigJimZ28
03-14-2007, 01:46 PM
non-metalic black..ok then NB or Trade Secret

I have not had a chance to try my 50/50 but I hear good things

p.s. make sure he knows there is more to detailing than the wax you use!

DM101
03-14-2007, 01:50 PM
If it needs a polish do that first. If not Red Moose Glaze RMG, followed by Pin. Souveran X 3 waiting 12 to 24 hours in between.

Saleenfan
03-14-2007, 02:06 PM
p.s. make sure he knows there is more to detailing than the wax you use!

O yeah he knows that with out a doubt, I actually might be detailing it.... we shall see.

Also i can never remeber what clay is finer sonus Green or sonus Grey?

coupe
03-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Green is finer

IMO, any nuaba would look great, i would use #26 personaly.

Saleenfan
03-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Green is finer

IMO, any nuaba would look great, i would use #26 personaly.

I thought green was finer... thanks

And i have a botle of #26 that i have yet to use but have heard great things about it so maybe i will try it.

imported_DieselMDX
03-14-2007, 03:01 PM
souveran will give you a very nice look

DM101
03-14-2007, 03:15 PM

On the mark! How bad is the paint condition now? Rub the palm of your hand across the surface. If it feels ruff you need to clay. If its dirty which it probably is use Menzerna car polishes. Try this package Menzerna - Souveran Kit (http://www.properautocare.com/mensouvkitsi.html) You can find all you need at this site. Good luck......Prep is the key or nothing will look good.

Saleenfan
03-14-2007, 03:52 PM
On the mark! How bad is the paint condition now? Rub the palm of your hand across the surface. If it feels ruff you need to clay. If its dirty which it probably is use Menzerna car polishes. Try this package Menzerna - Souveran Kit (http://www.properautocare.com/mensouvkitsi.html) You can find all you need at this site. Good luck......Prep is the key or nothing will look good.

Believe me i know about clay bar... as a matter of fact i have 3 bars of sonus green sitting next to me as we speak (just got shipped). I have all of the stuff for prep work but wanted a LSP recomendation. And now its between P21S, Pinnacle Soveran, and Meguires #26

BTW the paint is as smooth as a babys butt

imported_DieselMDX
03-14-2007, 03:54 PM
That is a GREAT kit MDR8 that would make alot of cars absolutly stunning, not a bad price either!

Saleenfan
03-14-2007, 04:19 PM
That is a GREAT kit MDR8 that would make alot of cars absolutly stunning, not a bad price either!

Actually looking at that that is an awesome price.... but heres the question, never used menzerna FPII do you put it on by hand or by machine? (I have PC336sp)

silkstone
03-14-2007, 04:23 PM

ease of use & look .........:)

kleraudio
03-14-2007, 04:26 PM
#26 for sure, my favorite wax by far!

Jim

imported_DieselMDX
03-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Actually looking at that that is an awesome price.... but heres the question, never used menzerna FPII do you put it on by hand or by machine? (I have PC336sp)

I have read people using it both ways tho easier and more effective by machine. FPII does not finish as nicely as 106ff but is alot cheaper and just as easier to use.

Saleenfan
03-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Ok doesnt swissol import to the USA?