PDA

View Full Version : Platform Ladder / Scaffold

Debelli
05-05-2005, 04:03 PM
As mentioned in previous posts, I`m very vertically challenged:(

I had seen a platform ladder that was higher than the one they carry at HD, it`s a 3-step PF ladder, 28" high. I found it through QVC, but waited to long to order and they sold out. It was $67.75 plus $11.75 for shipping for a total of $79.50. Thought about special ordering one from Bed, Bath & Beyond - with discount coupon it would be $80.

Was at COSTCO the other day and noticed they had just gotten in a new COSCO BRAND PLATFORM SCAFFOLD. This one is, unfortunately, 7 inches shorter than the other, but then it`s also half the price too. And this one has a tray to put items on so you don`t continually have to bed, or get off the scaffold to retrieve items. Decided to go back and get it last night.

So, I bought this one last night:

PLATFORM LADDER (http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_13/602-3399479-1134236?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0002M9M1Y)

I`m going to put some rubber on the side that would be close to the car to protect it from scratching. Found some of those corner bumper guards for tables that`s used for little ones, now just need some rubber strip on the edges.

Just thought I`d share this info for anyone who may be looking for something like this:) Has anyone bought this - any thoughts about it?

matthiasj
05-05-2005, 04:08 PM
looks great, and a good idea.

norahcrv
05-05-2005, 05:08 PM
Isn`t this the same one that awd330 referred to in this thread?

http://www.detailcity.com/showthread.php?t=11410

rollman
05-05-2005, 05:15 PM
Home Depot has one like that only with out the shelf thing . It cost $29.99 made by Gorilla . If you really liked that shelf thing you could probably rig something up . That shelf isn`t worth $50 extra dollars IMO

Debelli
05-05-2005, 06:56 PM
NORAH, similar, but the one AWD mentioned, which I looked at is a little bit shorter, not sure if the width or length is the same, have to check it, but this also has the shelf.

ROLLMAN, the one at HD is $35, this one was $39 - worth the extra $4 for the shelf and a couple extra inches in height:D

mix300
05-05-2005, 07:40 PM
Wait .. are you saying that you paid only 39 bucks for this thing at costco? Why the link to Target? Is it simply for the picture? If so I am heading to costco...

Debelli
05-05-2005, 09:50 PM
Simply for the picture:D They even show the same one at Sears that is ridiculously priced at $99. From what I found out, SRP is $49.00, from COSCO`S website, but oddly enough, they don`t have even a picture of it.

It only mentions from Sept. 2004:

New Additions to Already Popular Ladder Line…Page Two

The second addition to Cosco’s ladder line is the Work Horse Scaffold™ Platform, a functional unit with a unique design. Whether working inside or outdoors, this scaffold is perfectly equipped for the job. Constructed with a lightweight aluminum frame, it has a large work surface measuring 38.5" x 12.5". Included is a deluxe tool tray allowing for easy reach of all tools and legs that lock automatically for added safety. The suggested retail price of the unit is $49.99.

Now, compared to the one at HD, I found this one to be 38-1/2x12-1/5 inches whereas the one at HD is 40 x 15 -not sure about the height of the HD one, but this one I got is 20 1/4" high not including the stand. POLDER also makes a 2 step one, and the 3 step one I orignally wanted. As much as I`d like the extra 6 3/4" in height, I`d rather save my money and just pay half the amount and wear my thick soled shoes;)

GOOD LUCK at your COSTCO!

mix300
05-05-2005, 09:56 PM
Thanks Deb.. I will be there on the morrow to seek out my prize... keep the fingers crossed...

People is it me or is this detailing addictive? I have a Blue G35 to do, a Toyota Tacoma.. Mercedes S240 and others are looking for my services.. word travels fast...

Debelli
05-06-2005, 07:00 AM
Hope most COSTCO`S have the same merchandise.

When I first saw it I jotted down the info on the COSCTO sign - it`s SKU #115677 and a PO # 1741206084 - price - $38.99 Maybe you can call ahead and see if they have it before you run to wherever it is from you:)

The one I originally wanted, it`s actually 7 3/4" higher than this one - REALLY could use the height! Wonder if I can find some waterproof 7" PLATFORM SHOES!:lol

Also bought some MF towels they have there. Sign said 20 count for $8.99 but the package was only 16 count - they were $7.29 I believe - they feel thicker than the Microtex I bought at Target. Wonder how they`ll be. Wish they`d make them different colors! One day I`ll splurge and get some ultra plush!

CharlesW
05-06-2005, 07:43 AM
People is it me or is this detailing addictive?It`s just you.:D

Charles

Debelli
05-08-2005, 12:44 PM
Well, I got to use my new "tool" last night. Have to say, even though I would of liked a little more height, it actually was the first time since I`ve had this car that I was able to wash the top of it properly! It`s pretty close to perfect.

I put a towel on the side until I can get a bumper strip, also covered the rail that holds up the tray and will probably get whatever the stuff is called that you can put over your pipes to insulate, like a cushioned tube over this bar. As you can tell, I`m lost when it comes to just about anything they`d carry at HD!:lol

Anyhow, I`m happy with this purchase!:D It`s helping me with what I`m up against with all this pollen and rain!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y140/Debelli/DCP_3585.jpg

JaredPointer
05-09-2005, 09:09 AM
What`s your neighbor doing over there? Holding up the garage door????? :) :lol

Debelli
05-09-2005, 10:10 AM
LOL! Actually, that`s the daughter of the guy who thinks I`m nuts (already) in regards to my car AND who I`d be asking to borrow their garage so I can do some work on this car in the shade. Their garage IS actually broken, but once they get it up there, no need to hold it up - I think she`s just "stretching" - kid is taller than me (then again, everyone is taller than me!:lol ) and she`s just 13!