PDA

View Full Version : Quick ONR useage question.

dmxsoulja3
03-13-2007, 03:19 PM
So I have a bottle of ONR that just showed up and I was thinking about giving it a try.

Last night it rained..I drove..I parked..and I go look today and there is like dirt and actual sand kind of stuck to the paint, I`m guessing its road grime that dried. Being as that I can see actual sand, is this an ONR situation? I see some of you pro`s ONLY use it on these mobile details, what if the car was super dirty like this with visible sand and dirt plastered to the side?

J

BigJimZ28
03-13-2007, 04:48 PM
if it were my car and I could see sand and stuff I would brake down and spend a $1.50

and blast it off at the coin-op first

mikebai1990
03-13-2007, 05:42 PM
If you can, spray and dislodge the dirt using a hose first. Otherwise, if you don`t have any other choice, make sure to pretreat the entire car with generous sprays of concentrated ONR mix, and using many MF`s to wipe off the dirt/sand.

PhaRO
03-13-2007, 05:42 PM
If there dirt is concerning I will use a 2 gallon tank sprayer and rinse it some or clean the lower parts using the spray and a MF or mitt flushing the area while I clean it. If it`s caked on dirt I`ll pressure wash or hose it off. With enough ONR and time I think you can clean any vehicle. If it`s faster to pressure wash or hose it off I will. Once the heavy stuff is gone I grab my bucket of ONR.

dmxsoulja3
03-13-2007, 11:24 PM
I have access to a spray off place, and obviously I would do this first..but there are plenty of people on here like scottwax and others who are able to do this with no running water and never mention pre treating the car.

imported_Denzil
03-13-2007, 11:58 PM
You should be ok if you pretreat it with an ONR detailer in a spray bottle, just as it says on the ONR bottle itself.

Accumulator
03-14-2007, 11:21 AM
*SAND* :eek:

No way would I try to remove that with any kind of remotely direct pressure. I`d find some way to "float" it off the surface, preferably encapsulated in some shampoo.

Remember the whole issue behind marring-free washes: how to move the abrasive stuff (and a grain of sand is an extreme example) across the paint without pressing it *against* the paint hard enough to cause marring. The weight of a mitt is sufficient to cause marring and heavy stuff like sand isn`t miraculously carried up away from the paint and into the mitt via capillary action ;)

And, heh heh, I always accept that there are people here who can do stuff that *I* cannot do. I have a mighty high opinion of my ability to do what others can, but there are some things I can`t pull off.

DM101
03-14-2007, 12:31 PM
Sand is trouble. Use pressure washer co-op or from a hose with a strong spray of water. Then mix soap and water and wash from top down. If you have to use multiple mitts, MF towels, and multiple changes of wash water if needed. Just use common sense and you`ll be fine.