PDA

View Full Version : Applicator pads/ Zaino ZCS

TGates
03-13-2007, 10:39 AM
So the second time I used my new ZCS, I dropped my ZCS only Zaino applicator pad on the garage floor. In the trash it went, I`m not taking any chances.

I don`t have any other Zaino applicator pads that haven`t been used before. What other kind of applicator pads work well with this stuff that I can go buy locally? Foam, microfiber, ???

Setec Astronomy
03-13-2007, 11:01 AM
I know this isn`t local, but I got some of these: Wax N` Polish Applicator - WCDetail Products (http://www.wcdetail.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=94) and I can`t tell the difference between them and the Zaino applicators.

wannafbody
03-13-2007, 11:05 AM
any cotton pad will work

jmsc
03-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Meguiar`s Gold Class MF Even-Coat Applicator works well with Zaino polishes/sealants. Available locally.

docker
03-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Meijer department stores carry a set of applicators with a thin cotton outter surface. Been meaning to take a pic and post, but I used one for CS application the other day and it worked real well. I think I paid $4.00 for a set of 2 applicators.

I`ll try to remember to post some pics.

imported_memnuts
03-13-2007, 11:36 AM
Any soft cotton locally available applicator will do. You can also make your own cotton applicators by cutting up an old "still soft" 100% white cotton towel. These are what I use to do areas like engine compartment amd rubber trimming which tend to stain my "dedicated" paint only cotton applicators. I want the "paint-only" pads to stay ultra -white. :wavey

mschuyler
03-13-2007, 07:49 PM
I know this isn`t local, but I got some of these: Wax N` Polish Applicator - WCDetail Products (http://www.wcdetail.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=94) and I can`t tell the difference between them and the Zaino applicators.

Wow! 75 cents as opposed to Zaino`s $2.50. Thanks, Bro!!!

shift_roro
03-14-2007, 05:36 PM
i think the link is dead... "Invalid or Inactive Product."

Setec Astronomy
03-14-2007, 05:41 PM
That`s funny, looks like he pulled that...maybe he`s going to raise the price, LOL!

DETAILKING
03-14-2007, 06:28 PM
Foam applicator work well too.

mschuyler
03-14-2007, 07:51 PM
i think the link is dead... "Invalid or Inactive Product."

That`s strange. I clicked on the link yesterday, bought a dozen plus some towels, and FedX says they are on the way. Further, within 30 seconds of completing my order the guy called me up! he`d been in my area once and we just chatted for about ten minutes. We talked about the weather, zaino, and some new drying towels he`s going to be getting in. He taught school for 12 years, moved when he got into th towel business. Etc. I must say, I`ve never had that happen before.

Setec Astronomy
03-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Yeah, Rob is pretty gregarious. If you browse around his store too much or order...you`re likely to hear from him :chuckle:

deandorsey
05-02-2007, 09:11 AM
hey all... my pad became dirty after using it on 2 cars (and i also dropped it lol

)

.... i found this site Applicators at DIY Cleaning.com. S.M. Arnold applicators for applying wax or dressings to almost anything. Applicators made out of foam, knit terry, cotton, and terry velour. (http://diycleaning.com/applicator.html) ... "100% cotton knit: 6½" x 4.12" x 1" $1.94" they have a bunch of diff shapes and sizes too...

wannafbody
05-02-2007, 09:09 PM
I have found that I`ve had the best luck applying CS with a MF pad.