PDA

View Full Version : So how does this plan sound?

Skyhawk
03-12-2007, 08:43 PM
Well im wanting to detail my car when i get home this next week, it has minor swirling that you would expect from a daily driven car, with some areas of moderate swirling. (these areas are not much at all.) Theres also some scratches and som marring from my cat jumping on my hood when i was at home last time.

So heres the products and plan i have in mind for next week...the car is the same one thats in my sig, a red 98 Trans Am convertible...

Wash car

Clay bar car

Merenza IP on Megs Burgandy pad

Merenza IP on 4 inch SFX-1 pad

Z-PC on SFX-2 pad

Z-5 on SFX-3 pad

Z-2 by hand

Z-8

Does this sound good? I need to know quick, so any feedback would be appreciated. I dont have the Merenza products or Megs pad, so id have to order those tommorow if im going to want them in time. So any help would be appreciated.

ron231
03-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Dont use megs pads, regular ones are much easier for color coding (yellow cutting, orange light cutting, white polishing, black and blue for applying wax and glaze) I would recommend lake country pads or if you wanna shell out the cash, edge2k.

Also I would change your steps to

wash

clay

menxerna ip orange lc

menzerna fp white polishing (or z-pc on white)

z5 black or blue pad, or by hand

cure time

z8

z2 black or blue pad or by hand

cure time

z8

Scott? ;)

Skyhawk
03-12-2007, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the help.

One more question, is the Megs Burgandy comparable to the SFX-1 pad? Or does it have more cut? I have the SFX-2 and 3 pads, but i cant find the SFX-1 pad (went off to college, parents cleaned the garage up, everything got placed somewhere else...)

I really wouldnt like to buy any more pads, except for a pad to replace the SFX-1 pad, or something with a little more cut to remove the swirls and scratches. So thats why i was asking about the Megs burgandy pad.

ron231
03-13-2007, 12:37 AM
I guess youll have to look into that, I have no idea.

I prefer to stick to

yellow= cutting

orange = light cutting

white = polishing

blue and black = applying glazes, waxes, sealants

But thats why put "Scott ;)" at the end of the other post, I assume he would know the answer to your question...

danforz
03-13-2007, 02:35 AM
You can layer OVER z8? Doesn`t that stuff only last a few weeks thus anything layered over it wouldn`t last much?