PDA

View Full Version : ONR and Tap Water?

imported_AMarkham
03-12-2007, 06:30 PM
I just purchased my first bottle of ONR. I live 5 miles from my job so my vehicle doesn`t get too many miles on it during the week. I wanted a quick detailer with good cleaning properties and this seemed to fit my agenda very well. Question is, when I mix the 6 ounces of ONR to a gallon of water, is tap ok? The water where I live has been lightly treated. I know it`s bad at leaving water spots for people who don`t dry their vehicles. Will this hurt the performace of the quick detail mixture?

TXredEDGE
03-12-2007, 06:44 PM
For my ONR wash, I use warm tap water (ours is really hard with a high pH). When I mix up the QD spray or add water to my gallons of QS, I always use water from my RO/DI filter. I just happen to have one of these for my planted aquariums.

I don`t think it would make much difference since you dry it off after it`s sprayed on.

Let`s see what some of the others say on here?

Brian

Anthony O.
03-12-2007, 06:44 PM
I just purchased my first bottle of ONR. I live 5 miles from my job so my vehicle doesn`t get too many miles on it during the week. I wanted a quick detailer with good cleaning properties and this seemed to fit my agenda very well. Question is, when I mix the 6 ounces of ONR to a gallon of water, is tap ok? The water where I live has been lightly treated. I know it`s bad at leaving water spots for people who don`t dry their vehicles. Will this hurt the performace of the quick detail mixture?

6oz to 1 gal is for a lube or quick detail spray. Most ONR users use 1oz of ONR to 1 gal of water for washing purposes.

Tap water is fine to use. The only downside to tap water over say DI water is that the polymers in the ONR will bond with the minerals in the tap water while in treated water it won`t.

I have noticed that ONR in tap water versus treated water like DI water doesn`t feel as slippery when you put your hands in the bucket. Using treated water like DI it seems as if the water has a slight "slime" feel to it.

Anthony