PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna polish only question?

Pages : [1] 2

Changeling
03-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Considering the new "Super Hard Clears", it has become evident that Menzerna PO106FF is the best final polish to use that you can get in the USA.

""However, "WHAT" Menzerna product is considered the best for a range of scratches, swirls, whatever in these Super Clears, that are "HEAVER/WORSE" THAN PO106FF CAN HANDLE ON SUPER CLEARS, in other words the 1/2 punch, ?/and then PO106FF.""

I have tried to be objective in previous posts but everyone keeps wanting to talk about Zaino, 3M, Presta, whatever.

I would really prefer to keep these new hard clear products in the same family (Menzerna). I hope I haven`t come off sounding like a jerk, but this is all I want to know.

If you have experience, please give me all the information you can.

Thanks a lot, Changeling

firegate
03-12-2007, 05:08 PM
A testament to the fact that most questions have already been answered here, a quick search yielded this thread:

http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/84750-menzernas-agressive-order.html?highlight=menzerna+po85rd3.01

and in particular, this data sheet:

http://www.menzerna.de/files/e_polish%20web.pdf

For the cliff notes, PO85RD3.01 would be the ceramiclear version of IP.

porta
03-13-2007, 06:04 AM
Step up to the RD3.02 or S34A(Powergloss) use these with a cutting pad, wool or foam.

Changeling
03-14-2007, 02:31 PM
Considering the new "Super Hard Clears", it has become evident that Menzerna PO106FF is the best final polish to use that you can get in the USA.

""However, "WHAT" Menzerna product is considered the best for a range of scratches, swirls, whatever in these Super Clears, that are "HEAVER/WORSE" THAN PO106FF CAN HANDLE ON SUPER CLEARS, in other words the 1/2 punch, ?/and then PO106FF.""

I have tried to be objective in previous posts but everyone keeps wanting to talk about Zaino, 3M, Presta, whatever.

I would really prefer to keep these new hard clear products in the same family (Menzerna). I hope I haven`t come off sounding like a jerk, but this is all I want to know.

If you have experience, please give me all the information you can.

Thanks a lot, Changeling

Would it be all right to continue on this question. I have the PO106FF but still don`t really know the answer to my question.

Changeling

uzj100
03-14-2007, 02:47 PM
I`ve only used IP, FP II and 106FF. IP being the most aggresive with an orange pad. That combo, followed by either FP II or 106FF on a white polishing pad worked well for me. I do find the 106FF finishes down better than FP II.

One of the US resalers (Autogeek?) has some write ups on their site on the use of 106FF on the non cerami clear paints.

HTH

BigJimZ28
03-14-2007, 02:49 PM
have you used the PO106FF yet?

do you need more of a polish?

imported_rydawg
03-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Intense polish would be the one. For more punch you would have to order PO85rd3.01 from outside the usa. There are links to where you can buy it in the search somewhere. PM Porta for his great knowledge on these.

Changeling
03-14-2007, 03:29 PM
have you used the PO106FF yet?

do you need more of a polish?

No. I don`t intend to use/start anything till I have all the products/machines I might need at my disposal. I am just one of those people who has to finish what they start, and for me to have to stop detailing and order something, would be totally unacceptable to me.

I know, that makes me an anal retentive SOB, but that is the way I am on everything! So, I finally just figured, why fight it, do it the way I want and the hell with those who don`t like it.

Accumulator once said to me, what if you decide you don`t like it (detailing) !! Well, I have to do something, or I will go bonkers, maybe more than I am now, who knows. :chuckle:

However as long as you can learn there is always an adventure/avenue you can go down.

So, I would just start another business ! Actually I am contemplating that now!

Well BigJimZ28, that`s probably a lot more than you wanted to hear ! Sometimes I have a tendency to rant. Take care, Changeling

Mikeyc
03-14-2007, 05:50 PM
I would check with Proper Auto Care about their Blackfire SRC Compound. I think it may be the same thing as PO85RD 3.02 but re-bottled. PO85RD 3.02 is basically the ceramiclear version of IP which others have already noted.

Envious Eric
03-14-2007, 06:00 PM
order menzerna PG, IP, and 106ff, then FMJ for a sealant...i dont think they make a carnuba, could be wrong though...

those should be all the polishes you would need to handle any situation....then just adjust your pad polish combo to get the finish you are looking for...rotary/PC, wool/foam, compound/polish...there are about 20 combinations/orders to choose from with those 3 polishes, 8 pads, 2 tools....choose one that works for you!

Changeling
03-15-2007, 02:12 PM
I would check with Proper Auto Care about their Blackfire SRC Compound. I think it may be the same thing as PO85RD 3.02 but re-bottled. PO85RD 3.02 is basically the ceramiclear version of IP which others have already noted.

I believe Menzerna PO85RD/S.R.C. (from Blackfire) are finishing polishes which I have covered with 3M PIII 05937 and Menzerna PO106FF.

However I have heard that BlackFire COMPOUND is a companion polish to S.R.C. The Compound is for scratches in the 1500-2000 grit range, while S.R.C. is in the 3000 grit range.

But, I don`t know anything about the BlackFire COMPOUND, I haven`t heard it discussed so I hesitate to get it till I know more about it.

I`m not in need of a final polish, just the coarse polish, usually referred to as "Compound".

Changeling

firegate
03-15-2007, 10:27 PM
I believe Menzerna PO85RD/S.R.C. (from Blackfire) are finishing polishes which I have covered with 3M PIII 05937 and Menzerna PO106FF.

However I have heard that BlackFire COMPOUND is a companion polish to S.R.C. The Compound is for scratches in the 1500-2000 grit range, while S.R.C. is in the 3000 grit range.

But, I don`t know anything about the BlackFire COMPOUND, I haven`t heard it discussed so I hesitate to get it till I know more about it.

I`m not in need of a final polish, just the coarse polish, usually referred to as "Compound".

Changeling

PO85RD and PO85RD3.02 are two completely different polishes.. the 3.02 is a compound - the ceramiclear version of IP as I stated in my earlier post. Take a look at the data sheet that I linked to.

porta
03-16-2007, 05:09 AM
Blackfire SRC compound is Menzerna PO85RD3.01 with added lubrication.

PO85RD3.02 is the a newer version witd added poweder for faster cutting(but same cut as RD3.01). So the Blackfire SRC compound is a "fast working polish". IE not a compound IMHO.

imported_rydawg
03-16-2007, 05:13 AM
I wish they had po85rd3.02 for sale in the states. I want the real deal!

DM101
03-16-2007, 06:39 AM
I love the PO85RD. Lucky to have 2 bottles off it. It`s hard to find now. Will put a shine on your car that you`ll not want to use a LSP!