PDA

View Full Version : How fast can I detail and Envoy?

Scott P
05-05-2005, 11:29 AM
The Grand Prix community has a big show and race this weekend in Norwalk, OH. I`ve got one car in the show that I`m taking care of, so I will be driving down the Envoy as a support vehicle to out local cars at the event. Being a guy that sells wax, I can`t exactly show up with a dirty truck. So, I need to do a full exterior detail of the black truck this evening along with get things together to pack.

My plan is SSR2.5 on a polishing pad for the whole truck. It hasn`t been fully detailed since the fall, so I`ve got a lot of stuff to clean up on the paint. It’s got a good-sized door ding/whack that needs to be addressed too. The truck doesn’t have running boards, so the rockers and lower door panels are pretty beat. The clay will work overtime there.

I have decided what to use for my top combo. I’m thinking Vanilla Moose or Red Machine Glaze topped by Carnauba Moose Wax. Or, I could toss on a coat of Natty’s tonight and another in the morning in lieu of the Carnauba Moose Wax. The wheels will get Pro Polish and Wheel Sealant and the tires will get Bold N Bright. If I have time, I may take my new Bissel Pro-Heat to the carpets and floormats. The rest of the interior will get a wipe down with Natural Look.

There are a few different combos I could go with. I just haven’t decided yet.

Vanilla Moose/Red Machine Glaze topped by EX
Vanilla Moose/Red Machine Glaze topped by Carnauba Moose Wax or Natty’s
Four Star UPC/UPP
Vanilla Moose topped by EX-P

I don’t think the truck needs Souveran, but that is always a possibility as well. Of course, I need to accomplish this in 3 hours or so. Whee…..

Raven
05-05-2005, 12:02 PM
Hi Scott, I vote for the VM topped with EX but only 3 hrs for all that work, I hope you have someone to give you a hand. Good luck at the show

mgm2003
05-05-2005, 02:16 PM
Good god man! 3 hours to wash, clay, polish, etc...

I`d suggesst trying to wash & clay it sometime this afternoon and polish & top it tonight.

If you`re just after making the appearance better you might want to consider a 2 step on the paint:

- SSR2.5, followed by PwC will give you a good look.

- I`d use VM on the wheels (clay bar them a scrap peice first). It`ll take too long to polish them out & seal them.

- BnB on the wheels & plastic exterior trim and a good NL wipe down on the interior should do the trick. If your floor mats are hosed, flip them over to the rubber side, and hit em` with BnB and don`t mess with the carpet.

I grew up in a small town near Norwalk (Shelby, Ohio). We played them in sports. If you`re talking along the family you might want to take an extra day and go to Cedar Point and hit the rides.

Scott P
05-05-2005, 02:46 PM
I have to work my regular job until 5:0 or so. I plan on starting the truck around 6:00 or so after I let my packing assistant out and eat a quick dinner. I can probably finish the wax/sealant in the morning as we probably won`t leave until 10:00 or so.

Here is the SMP sponsored entrant in the car show portion of the event:

http://media.unycgp.com/2005/2005-05-01/mod_day_023.jpg

mgm2003
05-05-2005, 02:53 PM
Nice, especially the tire/wheel package! Is that the V8 303HP model that`s coming out?

Scott P
05-05-2005, 03:11 PM
It`s a 2001 with the 3.8L 240 HP (when stock) V6. The wheels are Eagle 077`s in chrome. The tires are Pilots I believe.

BigChevMan
05-05-2005, 04:59 PM
It`s a 2001 with the 3.8L 240 HP (when stock) V6. The wheels are Eagle 077`s in chrome. The tires are Pilots I believe.

That`s a nice car. Unfortunately my gp won`t be making the trip. I vote for the vm topped by exp. The wheels are eagles, but not the 077s...but still nice either way.

Scott P
05-05-2005, 07:00 PM
You are correct. Those are AE185`s. I have no idea why I had Eagle077`s in my head.