PDA

View Full Version : QD technique?

Mr Big Bass
03-12-2007, 12:30 AM
Do you guys use two towels, one for initial and then final buff? Spray on the panel or on the towel or both? Thanks in advance for the advice!

metal
03-12-2007, 12:31 AM
I usually use one towel, spray the QD on the paint, buff it around, then flip it over to the other side for the final buff.

BigAl3
03-12-2007, 12:53 AM
i spray onto a square mf applicator (i like to use this method as it gets more even coverage), then spread it around, and then use a mf towel for the final buff...

imported_DieselMDX
03-12-2007, 01:54 AM
never heard of doing that way Al, very interesting

SVR
03-12-2007, 04:29 AM
Spray on panel and two monster fluffies.

Use damp one first, dry second.

BigAl3
03-12-2007, 12:14 PM
never heard of doing that way Al, very interesting

it works great! when you spread it around with the mf applicator (i`ve been using the megs square even coat mf applicator, and having to use a mf towel to spread it around, will eventually just get all saturated), you can see the nice trail of even coverage spread around with product and you know that it`s worked the whole area, not just spray on and have it get absorbed right away with the mf towel. i also pre-moisten the mf applicator with a few squirts directly on it before beginning... :)

BMW335i
03-12-2007, 04:00 PM
ONR seems to streak quite a bit with even a little spritz. Not too happy with that...Could be user error - but I don`t want a rub a dry MF on the paint unless I have to.

ron231
03-12-2007, 07:25 PM
ONR seems to streak quite a bit with even a little spritz. Not too happy with that...Could be user error - but I don`t want a rub a dry MF on the paint unless I have to.

I use ONR at QD strength (actually I make mine a bit stronger) for when my car is too dirty for a qd like 425 but not dirty enough for a full ONR wash (as you can see I like my ONR) and never have streaking.

Super_Herb
03-12-2007, 10:53 PM
It really depends....sometimes I go with one plush MF for the QD, other times I go for a medium MF to spread it and do the initial buff and a plush MF right after for that final buff.

I guess it just depends on how wet your towel is getting from the QD.

captkirk2
03-13-2007, 08:29 PM
I use the yellow Meguiars mf covered sponges to spread the QD then a mf to buff to a shine.