PDA

View Full Version : Here`s my testimony to ONR

Super_Herb
03-11-2007, 09:30 PM
My parents left their car at my house for their visit to AZ (I`m the local airport shuttle)......as a treat for them I gave it a quick detail today before they got back. I took a few before and after pics to show the power of rinseless washing.

ONR handled the job great. I did dump buckets of fresh water over the car first just as a prewash to remove some of the easily dissolved salt. The routine was just my usual pre-spring ONR/PB S&W (on any leftover salt drips or missed spots)/Collinite 476/FK 425 treatment to keep the cars covered `till the nice warm 65 degree days are here and I can do a full hardcore polish and detail.

Needless to say, the parents were quite appreciative.

On a side note.....the PS/2x AJT/Pink Wax combo I put on back in late October was pretty much shot. Nothing has been added to the car all winter, and it`s been simply touchless auto washed as far as I know. The paint was sticky and didn`t bead and needs to be clayed....I just threw on a coat of Collinite 476 `till I can get to their house this spring and give it the full detail.

Overall, I was pretty impressed with the ONR and it`s ability to clean without marring on such a dirty car as I`d never used it on something this dirty before.

kleraudio
03-11-2007, 09:56 PM
thats pretty damn nice, I think I will try some of that ONR after my QEW runs out. Did you use a spray bottle for your fist pass (after you dumped water on the car), or just go straight to the towel?

Nice work, looks great!

Jim

Scottwax
03-12-2007, 12:35 AM
Very nice! :)

The paint looks really good too, at least the appearance held up very well. I have a feeling if the Werkstatt twins were untopped, they might have made it through the winter still beading. Pink Wax has a very solventy smell to me and it really isn`t a product I`d use to top a sealant. On its own though, I really like it. :)

RTexasF
03-12-2007, 04:54 AM
That was thoughtful and the car really looks nice.

a.k.a. Patrick
03-12-2007, 07:18 AM
Killer job on a really filthy car!

Super_Herb
03-12-2007, 11:56 AM
Very nice! :)

The paint looks really good too, at least the appearance held up very well. I have a feeling if the Werkstatt twins were untopped, they might have made it through the winter still beading. Pink Wax has a very solventy smell to me and it really isn`t a product I`d use to top a sealant. On its own though, I really like it. :)

Yes, you might be right on with the PW topper reducing the longevity. When I did it, I was sorta using their car as a worst case scenario test case for how it would hold up over winter. I use that same combo on my personal car from time to time, which is a similar color. I really like the effect it has on the red metal flake paint and I`m not concerned about longevity on my car, just the looks. I`ve found PW to have pretty good longevity on it`s own for a wax, but it`s obviously not up to a 4 month winter, nor did I expect it to be.

Well, now they`ve got a single layer of 476 on there....we`ll see how long that lasts when cared for by ordinary, non-Autopian methods. I just don`t find the 476 to look as nice as the other waxes I own, but it certainly holds up over time.

And ONR......how did I ever get by without you all those years? :bow

jnyost
03-18-2007, 06:33 AM
Gotta try that ONR.....