PDA

View Full Version : Having problems with getting even coverage on both Exterior and Interior

BMW335i
03-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Many times when I apply a sealant like AJT I notice some thick streaks afterwards. It seems difficult to avoid and I usually do one spray per panel. Perhaps this indicates I am using too much product?

On the interior, when applying 303, I often find I can`t get even coverage. It is difficult to spread the product evenly and thoroughly over all of the vinyl. I will see sheen areas, and then dull areas, where I missed. Its hard to get every single spot.

What tips/suggestions do you all have for my problem? I am using a microfiber for all applications. Would a light misting of QD or water help on the MF?

BMW335i
03-12-2007, 04:10 PM
bump.........

CelicaLover
03-12-2007, 04:23 PM
I like to spray whatever I`m using on the interior on an applicator like the ones you get with a bottle of gold class. The cheap meguiars ones and then wipe it all over. When I`m done I just wipe off all the excess.

Accumulator
03-13-2007, 10:19 AM
BMW335i- Can`t help with the exterior as the only spray-on products I use are leave-something-behind QDs, never had a problem with those.

On the interior, I don`t do a whole lot of spraying. Unless I`m trying to get product into some hard-to-access area I`d rather apply the product to an applicator and wipe it on (pretty carefully). I work slowly and methodically to make sure I don`t miss any areas, rubbing product in and then buffing off any excess. Yeah, that approach isn`t fun by a long shot but it gives me better results than more user-friendly application methods.

Scottwax
03-13-2007, 12:36 PM
Honestly, you probably just need more practice. My son was having problems getting even coverage applying interior protectant (using an MF pad to apply) at first, now no problems at all.

With AJT, you need to buff it in with the MF thoroughly before flipping the towel for the final wipe. Try that and see if it helps.

kpagel
03-13-2007, 02:19 PM
I agree with Scott, you just need a little more practice. I too had difficulty getting even coverage on the interior using 303 at first, but after a few applications I got the hang of it. Work a bit slower and make sure you overlap the applied areas.