PDA

View Full Version : Which has more bite Menzerna IP or Optimum Compond?

Rover06
03-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Hello,

Newbie, just finished door panel with 2 passes of SSR2.5 on LC Orange pad (Light cut) and 2 passes of Menzerna IP with LC White pad. Menzerna FPII ROCKS! SSR2.5 pulled out about 80% of the scrathes, looking for a product with just slightly more bit. Has anybody done a side by side with Menzera IP and Optimum Compond. I have to place an order for 1 of the 3 since I almost out of the 16oz bottle practing on my wifes car. I`m leaning towards Menzerna only because I love their FPII, unless someone tells me it is less aggessive than both (SSR2.5 and Optimum Compond).

I`m a thrill with the results so far. Just trying to better my game.

RyanDe680
03-11-2007, 07:32 PM
What paint/car are you using it on? I used SSR2.5 on a Lexus this past weekend to get out some deeper scratches, and really bit at the paint with an orange pad, which it is designed to do.

Without that knowledge, I would suggest FPII. Optimum has more cut, but are you planning to use this after the SSR2.5? I`m a little confused about your process....

Rover06
03-11-2007, 11:36 PM
I`m try to correction on a Range Rover 06, Clear coat is soft. I ran out of SSR2.5, which took at most of the scratches after 2 passes. I don`t think additional passes will help. I looking to replace it with either OC or Menzerna IP. I like a product with a slight more bite than SSR2.5.

I currently step down to menzerna FPII for the final polish which works great.

brwill2005
03-12-2007, 08:57 AM
OC has more cut than IP. Also remember that you can change the cut of the product by using a more aggressive pad.

SpoiledMan
03-12-2007, 09:12 AM
OC has more cut than IP. Also remember that you can change the cut of the product by using a more aggressive pad.

This is pretty true of *all* polishes. Probably even applies to polishing with water.;)

brwill2005
03-12-2007, 03:28 PM
This is pretty true of *all* polishes. Probably even applies to polishing with water.;)

That is exactly what I meant:)

JohnZ3MC
03-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Here`s a chart you`ll find handy and you may want to bookmark it like I did.

Polish Chart (http://thedetailinghandbook.com/Polish_Chart.aspx)

Remember it`s just a guideline, not gospel. Poke around the site and you`ll see a pad chart too.

-John C.

Rover06
03-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the replies. The chart was helpful, however when you look at it, OC and Menzerna IP are both rated on the polish chart as light cut 5 and Poorboys SSR2.5 is a med cut 6. I`m Confused because of all the threads I found everybody seems to place OC as more cut than SSR2.5 Has anyone tried them side by side. I guess since I`ll own all 3 in the next few days I can do a hands-on right up.

SpoiledMan
03-12-2007, 11:35 PM
Rover, at least you can talk about it here.:)