PDA

View Full Version : Finally got to try Zaino CS...

Pages : [1] 2

imported_doctordon
03-11-2007, 08:55 AM
..now that the weather`s broke to the warmer. I found CS really odd: I couldn`t see it.. I have real trouble with Believe Me kinda stuff ..things like molesting priests, lying politicians, etc.. come too quickly to mind.

http://wetstuff.com/ideas/court1.jpg

I got a little streaking when I tried too hard to see the product. Yet, it self-corrected and dried very quickly ..then POP. I`m pretty sure.. I could see a jump in the gloss right away. This has got pretty decent Jeff`s layers as a base..and the paint is not very old, nor exposed to much UV, so it`s not going to pop like I`d expect from a Black. It`s very glossy and slick, so I expect CS to help keep the dust from sticking ..`till I blow it off with a 3rd gear pre-wash. Thanks Sal. Nice product.

stilez
03-11-2007, 09:24 AM
Thanks for sharing.

Seems like the buzz around CS is all pretty positive.

gmblack3
03-11-2007, 10:18 AM
Thanks for sharing.

Porsche looks great.

Deviant
03-11-2007, 06:35 PM
Thanks for sharing as well. So far CS is looking to be a great product to seal in the look

joyriiide1113
03-11-2007, 06:45 PM
I love it. The look is great. Very glossy. Only problem with me is that if I look hard enough, I can see where the product was applied.

Today was my 5th time using Zaino CS. Each time I have used it, I have been left with streaks (small trail of where the product was left behind)

The amount of product I use is "One" spray to the applicator before I start. One for each section (door, fender, half hood, ect).

Whats wrong?

wannafbody
03-11-2007, 09:13 PM
as weird as it sounds you might be using too much- some are claiming about 1/8th ounce per car

joyriiide1113
03-11-2007, 09:31 PM
But by doing that, I find it impossible to even tell if you`re putitng anything on. Considering the way I do it now, there are still parts left with no trace of product, even with no drying time...

Has anyone tried applying CS with a PC? lol... Maybe somethign with a MF bonnet.

Statman
03-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Can`t wait to try mine...Love the P-car!

lambostealth
03-12-2007, 12:05 AM
But by doing that, I find it impossible to even tell if you`re putitng anything on. Considering the way I do it now, there are still parts left with no trace of product, even with no drying time...

Has anyone tried applying CS with a PC? lol... Maybe somethign with a MF bonnet.

You know, I thought of that, my only problem is the waste of product.

Scottwax
03-12-2007, 12:25 AM
I love it. The look is great. Very glossy. Only problem with me is that if I look hard enough, I can see where the product was applied.

Today was my 5th time using Zaino CS. Each time I have used it, I have been left with streaks (small trail of where the product was left behind)

The amount of product I use is "One" spray to the applicator before I start. One for each section (door, fender, half hood, ect).

Whats wrong?

Nothing is really wrong, both CS and Opti-Seal will do this if you use a little too much. Anything left behind that doesn`t clear out can be easily wiped off when completely dry.

Try going back and forth over each section (without adding more product), slightly working it in. That really seems to help.

Jim-the Porsche looks beautiful! Very wet looking. :)

LT1Squirrel
03-12-2007, 01:06 AM
CS is very apprehensive when showing itself, but if you can see it when applying that means you are using too much, cut that to 60 - 75% and youre good to go, if you can see a slight notion of overapplying with cs my numbers will put you in the perfect range

MBurnickas
03-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Man that looks wet for Silver.

joyriiide1113
03-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Has anyone else noticed that CS looks insane at night? Very glossy when driving past a CS`d car or looking at it under flourecent lighting... Makes for some nice nighttime photography.

TGates
03-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Looks great! Beautiful car! I, too, love CS on silver.

Setec Astronomy
03-13-2007, 11:09 AM
The problems some of you are having (and I have not used CS) sound like what I`ve experienced with SG and the old Z5...the product when applied very thinly simply flashes and disappears, making it very difficult to see where you have applied the product. What I found in those situations is it helps to try to be methodical in your coverage, and also be aware of the feel, as the areas that have been covered will give less resistance to the applicator. (Thanks to Accumulator for verbalizing this process previously with SG)