PDA

View Full Version : spring forward (time change)!

BigAl3
03-11-2007, 01:20 AM
just a reminder (some restrictions apply wherever you live)... don`t forget to set the clock FORWARD one hour at 2am!

SpoiledMan
03-11-2007, 01:40 AM
<<<<Set`s alarm for 2AM........

docker
03-11-2007, 06:10 AM
Damn, being from Indiana we never had to worry bout DST til last fall. New govenor brought Indiana into the 21st century since the vast majority of the other states changed their clocks.

Well, at least my smoke alarms now have new batteries after 30 years...

Setec Astronomy
03-11-2007, 07:57 AM
I`m still on Win2K and I thought since I was current on my "critical updates" that it would automatically take care of this. Downloading the patch, and having to manually change settings (what is that about?) I think took longer than just manually changing the clock for the rest of the time I will have this `puter. I notice the forum clock is now an hour slow...is that from me or did the server not update?

imported_flatstick
03-11-2007, 08:15 AM
The good news is that we now have an extra hour of light in the evening :woot: the bad news is I work weekends and lose and hour of sleep when we set the clocks ahead:sadwavey: you would be surprised all of the people that come in an hour late today saying oooopsie I fogot :sosad

Big Leegr
03-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Yeah, I`m thinking I`ll be changing the clocks again when the "automatic" time change kicks in on the computer/vcr/etc. later on. :sosad:

klnyc
03-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Talking about spring forward. Anyone use Blackberry here? Haha, is PITA to patch up DST

in all 100 BB in my company.

Anyone way..we get one extra hr of sun light woot!!

velobard
03-11-2007, 08:51 AM
We got burned by Verizon on the time change. We always use out cell phones as our alarm clocks. Last night right before I went to bed I checked the Verizon webite to confirm they had a handle on the earlier switch to DST. No problem it claimed, so we set the alarm and went to sleep. It goes off this morning at 5:30, I confirm the time on the phone when I turn it off, then 15 minutes later my wife got a call from the hospital telling her she`s late to work. By the time I got her to the hospital the phone was reading the correct time, so sometime between 5:30 and 6:00 it figured out how to fix itself, just a little too late for us.