PDA

View Full Version : ONR QD ratio question

superstring
03-10-2007, 09:19 PM
On another thread awhile ago Bioman posted this question:

How come more (ONR) is needed for a QD than a wash? When you wash you car, it would be a lot dirtier than if you needed to QD.

It was never answered. It seems like a good question and I`d like to know as well. Anyone know?

sspeer
03-10-2007, 09:30 PM
extra lubricity for use as a clay bar lube?

I just tried ONR for the first time as a wash and was a little concerned how it`s not slick.

thesacrifice
03-10-2007, 09:36 PM
because when you wash with onr you`re using a completely soaked mitt, when you qd you`re using a microfiber that isn`t completely soaked.

superstring
03-10-2007, 09:53 PM
because when you wash with onr you`re using a completely soaked mitt, when you qd you`re using a microfiber that isn`t completely soaked.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I`m thinking that one might as well do a proper ONR (spot) wash rather than a QD. More effective, less expensive...... Thanks guys :)

sspeer
03-10-2007, 10:25 PM

Sounds good to me.

Just to clarify..I had no problems with the wash! Sure beats dragging out the hose especially when you can use warm water in sub 50`s weather!