PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know anything about Ardex products?

woptang22
05-04-2005, 11:40 PM
Just wondering if anyone has heard of ardex polishes and waxes? About 8 months ago I talked to a few people in my area that said ardex products are very good. But now since I have been reading on different forums about detailing a lot of people say ardex is crap. Can anyone give me any info on ardex products?

infoman1
05-05-2005, 07:22 AM
Just wondering if anyone has heard of ardex polishes and waxes? About 8 months ago I talked to a few people in my area that said ardex products are very good. But now since I have been reading on different forums about detailing a lot of people say ardex is crap. Can anyone give me any info on ardex products?

Ardex has been around a long time. Only product I ever used, which I acquired from my neighbor was Clean and Green all purpose cleaner/degreasor. Really a strong product which had to be diluted down. I kept it`s usage to wheel wells and the garage and drive as a potent cleaning agent which was quite effective. Highly alkaline, caution on what it`s applied to!! He swore by there products. He owned a private detailing shop and did dealership details and preps. Ardex products are available through distributors only.
http://www.k2distributing.com/pages/car-detailing-supplies.html

woptang22
05-05-2005, 10:57 AM
Ardex has been around a long time. Only product I ever used, which I acquired from my neighbor was Clean and Green all purpose cleaner/degreasor. Really a strong product which had to be diluted down. I kept it`s usage to wheel wells and the garage and drive as a potent cleaning agent which was quite effective. Highly alkaline, caution on what it`s applied to!! He swore by there products. He owned a private detailing shop and did dealership details and preps. Ardex products are available through distributors only.
http://www.k2distributing.com/pages/car-detailing-supplies.html
I have some ardex polish and wax that I bought from an ardex store in my area. I live right outside philadelphia and I searched around and found a place that is open to the public. I only used the products on my car 1 time. It looked good when I was done, but then I heard some people say it was junk so I havent used it again. I dont know if I should find some other products or just keep using the ardex.

Bill D
05-05-2005, 11:15 AM
It`s mainly a "bulk detailing supply company" for high volume shops much a long the lines of Car Brite, All Brite, Mark V, brands like that. To truly know for yourself how well any one of their products is, you`d have to try and judge for yourself. Sometimes a truly exceptional product can pop out from the least expected source :dunno

rollman
05-05-2005, 05:09 PM
I use some Ardex products and like them alot . If your in the area of Byberry Rd you can stop by the Ardex Distribution warehouse. Look for the trucks while their out delivering .

woptang22
05-05-2005, 06:24 PM
I use some Ardex products and like them alot . If your in the area of Byberry Rd you can stop by the Ardex Distribution warehouse. Look for the trucks while their out delivering .
Thats where I got my ardex products from off byberry road. I live in Bristol Pa so Im not too far from there. I just have heard a lot of mixed reviews about there products. I have heard they were great, then I heard they were terrible, then I heard they were good, then junk. So who knows. I was just wondering to see if it was worth using on my car.

rollman
05-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Thats where I got my ardex products from off byberry road. I live in Bristol Pa so Im not too far from there. I just have heard a lot of mixed reviews about there products. I have heard they were great, then I heard they were terrible, then I heard they were good, then junk. So who knows. I was just wondering to see if it was worth using on my car.

Yeah they have a few real stand out products . The only thing I would suggest is try them and decide for yourself.

woptang22
05-15-2005, 09:33 PM
I actually did try their products on my jet black car. It came out really nice but I dont have much to compair it to. I mean I am new to the whole detailing scene so I really havent used anything else. I just wanted to see if anyone had any knowledge of the ardex stuff as far as its quality. I hear different things so I dont know what to believe. One person will tell me its the best and another person will say its junk. I have been looking into the poorboys products which I am going to try next. But I just wasnt sure if its worth it to spend the money or just use the ardex stuff I have. But what I do have is the ardex stereo glaze #2. The description says it works great on black cars and leaves 100% swirl free finish. And then I used ardex gold supreme wax/sealant over the #2. Does anyone know anything about those teo products?

Reflections KoP
05-26-2005, 07:27 AM
[/QUOTE] But what I do have is the ardex stereo glaze #2. The description says it works great on black cars and leaves 100% swirl free finish. And then I used ardex gold supreme wax/sealant over the #2. Does anyone know anything about those teo products?[/QUOTE]

I use them both and they are awsome.... take your PC with the stereo glaze 2 and then finish off with the gold supreme by hand. Gold supreme goes on easy and comes off even eaiser and leave an awesome shine and finish. IMHO

maximv1
05-26-2005, 07:46 PM
i use ardex everyday at work. i really like them. the products i use are

hard at it(really aggressive)
alpha grit(some grit, but not too much)
seal b(light duty polish)
steroe glaze(self explantitory)

as far as people saying they are junk, everyone has their own preference and opion. there may be more popular products, but if they work for you and you enjoy the results, use them. i use steroe glaze on my fatboy which is black and get lots of compliments on it. if you do stop by the ardex ware house, ask for a sample of alpha grit. i think you will like it.

stluciedetail
06-20-2005, 08:13 PM
good products from ardex

Reflections1
06-21-2005, 09:14 AM
Hi folks. Im new here. Just found you through a google search. Anyhow, I have been detailing professionally for 15 years. Many products come and go and like a one hit wonder rock band. Ardex seems to still be a great product through the years. Their product line increases at a slow pace and I dont think they have come out with much since they added 1500 and 2500 plus compounds along with Pearl and Viper to their lines. I personally use their Topaz (no cleaners) and Flint glaze (mild cleaner) carnuba wax. It seems to go on easy and is used extremely sparingly. I get close to 25 cars out of one can and even goes on great by hand. I also use other products that are of personal preference but as far as Ardex.... They are a quality product but also have some products that are inferior to others.

woptang22
06-22-2005, 05:18 PM
Well at least I can use the ardex products I have on my car. Right now I have the ardex #2 polish, and I also have the ardex gold supreme wax. I only used them on my car one time and it did look good, but it was the only product I have used so I didnt know if it was sufficient. I have also added some poorboys products to my collection so I am waiting to use them. But as far as their ssr lines I really dont have a PC to work the ssr in and use it to its potential. SO I dont want to waste any of it by just throwing it on by hand and probably not getting any results except wasting the product.