PDA

View Full Version : Ordering lots of stuff! Need help!

bxtreme
03-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Ive been around here for three months now, trying to formulate what ill be needing to purchase for my soon to be ordered black Porsche Cayman S. I now have a rough idea about what ill be ordering (after constant abuse of the search button!), and would like to get your feedback on what to keep/replace/dump. I plan on ordering everything all at once as I will be making one big shipment across the Atlantic, so I cant afford missing anything out!

So heres the big list:

Accessories

Porter Cable 7424 Dual Action Polisher

5” Flexible Backing Plate

5.5” Orange Light Cutting Pad (LC)

6.5” White Polishing Pad (LC)

6.5” Gray Finishing Pad (LC)

6.5" Blue Finessing Pad (LC)

Polish

32 oz. Optimum Polish

32 oz. Optimum Compound

32 oz. Optimum Poli-Seal

Clay

4 oz. Pinnacle Ultra Poly Clay

16 oz. Pinnacle Clay Lubricant

Wash/Clean

2 x Optimum Car Wash New Formula!

2 x Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine

3 Pack Stoner Invisible Glass Pump Spray

Poorboy’s Bug Squash

Sheepskin Wash Mitt 3 Pack

Waxes and Sealants

8 oz. Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax

Pinnacle Souveran Liquid Spray Wax

16 oz. Pinnacle Crystal Mist Carnauba Detail Spray

Poorboy`s EX-P Pure Sealant

Wheels Tires

Poorboy`s Bold N Bright Tire Dressing

Poorboy’s Wheel Sealant

Interior

Optimum Protectant Plus

Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer

Towels and Applicators

All types of Cobra microfiber towels including the Ultimate Guzzler!

Finally I would also like to know more about the durability of Poli-Seal. Is it as effective as a pure sealant?

Out of these three process, which would u recommend for durability:

1-Optimum Polish, EX-P, Souveran

2- Poli-Seal, EX-P, Souveran

3- Optimum Polish, Poli-Seal, Souveran

(ofcourse OP would only be used if the paint required it)

Note that although its a new car, id still like to get the compound and the orange cutting pad even if i wont need them in the beginning.

Thank you! :D

imported_DieselMDX
03-10-2007, 08:26 PM
I would get the 5.5" CCS pads they will have more cut if needed and easier to move around the truck.

Souveran does not last that long tho with proper washing and a hit of liq Souveran you can spread that out to about 4-8 weeks. Now the wax might last that long but imo the true beauty of the wax has diminished and imo I am going to be waxing every 2 weeks or so in the summer.

poliseal exP then souveran would imo give the best durability.

Eliot Ness
03-10-2007, 08:44 PM
Of the choices you mentioned I agree with the Poli-Seal, EX-P, Souveran .

The one thing I would add, since you want to order everything at once, is more pads. I would get at least 2 orange pads (for when you eventually use them) and about 3 white polishing pads. That will save you a lot of time by not having to stop and clean a pad in the middle of a detail, or if you decide to switch products during the job.

bxtreme
03-11-2007, 05:35 AM
Thanks for the advice, I think you`re right about ordering 3 white pads.. should I also order 2 blue pads so I can use one for EX-P and one for Souveran? Also, how much time would I have to wait between applications in this process, and would I get any increased protection/durability if I add two layers of EX-P instead of one?

Eliot Ness
03-11-2007, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the advice, I think you`re right about ordering 3 white pads.. should I also order 2 blue pads so I can use one for EX-P and one for Souveran? Also, how much time would I have to wait between applications in this process, and would I get any increased protection/durability if I add two layers of EX-P instead of one?I usually let EX-P set up (cure) overnight before I add another application and I`d do the same before topping it with Souveran, or at least wait 2 or 3 hours.

As much as I like to apply most products with the PC, for some reason I always do Souveran by hand. You can get an extra blue pad or you can just use the gray pad for EX-P and the blue pad for the Souveran.

bxtreme
03-11-2007, 12:05 PM
loving the feedback :)

sorry for throwing too many questions, but a few new ones popped up today!

1. Will I need a pad conditioner?

2. Should I replace Souveran`s Liquid Wax with Optimum`s Car Wax (seems to be recommended) to apply every other week? (After initially adding Souveran paste wax)?

3. Do I need a glaze within my Poli-Seal, EX-P, Souveran process?

Eliot Ness
03-11-2007, 01:25 PM
......sorry for throwing too many questions, but a few new ones popped up today!

1. Will I need a pad conditioner?........With the products you`re using you should be OK. When I`ve used anything it was nothing more than a spritz of distilled water or some QD.
2. Should I replace Souveran`s Liquid Wax with Optimum`s Car Wax (seems to be recommended) to apply every other week? (After initially adding Souveran paste wax)?I would think the liquid Souveran would be a good match with the paste, but I`ve never used the liquid so I can`t compare it to OCW. Actually the paste is such a treat to apply you might find yourself doing it more often than you think. Maybe alternate two week periods with the liquid and paste until you fine a routine and the products that best suit what you`re looking for.
3. Do I need a glaze within my Poli-Seal, EX-P, Souveran process?You don`t need one with those products. You could try RMG (http://store.danase.com/clredmomagl.html) after the Poli-Seal, but the light cleaners in RMG would probably compromise the protection that Poli-Seal leaves behind. It probably wouldn`t matter too much since you`re putting EX-P on there, so it`s one of those, yeah, you can if you want, but it will still look good if you don`t kind of things.