PDA

View Full Version : Paste Wax is hard as a rock! any suggestions

kleraudio
03-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Hey guys, i did a quick search but didnt come up with much, my poorboys natty blue paste wax has dried up and is rock hard. left it in storage last summer.....:wall

you guys have any tips on how to get that wax back in shape, I love the look of it and I would hate to toss it.

just apply some water to the pad? will that do the trick??

One more quickie, do you guys use foam or microfiber applicator pads to apply wax???

Thanks in advance

Jim

imported_Blake
03-10-2007, 08:01 PM
Email Steve at Poorboys World and he will tell you if you can save it.

I vote for foam but I think with most pastes and liquids that is just a matter of personal preference. Some of the new sealants work better with mf.

2.5RS
03-10-2007, 08:10 PM
Has the whole tub of wax turned into that white-ish dried up state? Or is it just the top? I left my cap off once and the top turned white and rock hard. I scraped off the top 1/8 inch to get down to the good wax and had no trouble using it at that point.

Good luck!

- Andrew

kleraudio
03-10-2007, 08:48 PM
If i can remember correctly, the wax was already bluish white when I got it. Its basically a rock, that would suck if i had to toss it, thanks for the help guys Ill email steve and see what he says.

Jim

a.k.a. Patrick
03-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Have you attempted to even touch it? Or is it just upon inspection, it looks hard as a rock.....?

Dab your fingers with it and see if it smears...........The worst that could happen is you make your finger smell good!

LouisanaJeeper
03-10-2007, 09:54 PM
try heating it up very little (like putting it in the sun with the top closed)

kleraudio
03-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Patrick... Yea i touched it, it doesnt smear....

I will try the sun warming tomorrow maybe, unless anyone has any other suggestions.

Jim

DaGonz
03-10-2007, 11:34 PM
Put a few inches of hot water inthe sink and place the container in the water. The heat from the water should go through the container via conduction and soften the wax a bit.

kleraudio
03-10-2007, 11:38 PM
thanks for the replies everyone, DaGonz, I will try that tomorrow, will let you guys know how it goes.

Jim