PDA

View Full Version : Z-aio on new car?

07bsmcrewmax
03-10-2007, 10:02 AM
My wife bought a new car and it needs to be protected. I need a simple process that she can do herself. I am a Zaino fan so I want to useit on the car. Can I use Z-aio on a new car and top it with the z-cs or should I put a layer of z2 pro and the top with z-cs? I will wash with dawn first to remove oils and such.

dogma
03-10-2007, 10:05 AM
My wife bought a new car and it needs to be protected. I need a simple process that she can do herself. I am a Zaino fan so I want to useit on the car. Can I use Z-aio on a new car and top it with the z-cs or should I put a layer of z2 pro and the top with z-cs? I will wash with dawn first to remove oils and such.

I would wash with Z7 then ZAIO and CS. It doesn`t get any easier than that. If you want to use dawn first you can ( might not need to with ZAIO).

Setec Astronomy
03-10-2007, 10:12 AM
Well, some people would prefer I not answer this because I have never used Z-AIO or Z-CS. I don`t think you even need to do the Dawn wash (obviously you need some kind of wash) because the Z-AIO is a cleaner and should remove any oils. You can go straight to Z-CS, or if you feel like it you can put your Z-2Pro layer on, which will be catalyzed by the AIO.

One caution would be, on a new car, that you may have rail dust or other contamination which should be removed. Since it sounds like you are doing a KISS approach, some light claying might be in order (light so you don`t introduce any marring which Z-AIO would be unable to remove).

imported_memnuts
03-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Claying is a good recommendation if needed. Do the Baggie test and check for roughness.

What color is your wife`s new vehicle? I love Z2PRO over ZAIO and this combo topped with CS for my white SUV and yellow Z06.

Got the toys. No reason not to use them. ;)

imported_rydawg
03-10-2007, 11:56 AM
What color is this vehicle?

Z7 wash

ZAIO

Z5 or Z2

ZCS

Z8 after washes to keep that glow and durability

07bsmcrewmax
03-11-2007, 03:15 PM
The car is a 2007 Accord coupe in silver.

gmblack3
03-11-2007, 07:17 PM
Pretty much what everybody already said:

Wash

clay if needed

ZAIO by hand

1x of Z2pro for silver

CS