PDA

View Full Version : UPP On Exterior Trim?

imported_AMarkham
03-10-2007, 09:30 AM
I just finished applying my 2nd coat of UPP on my yellow 2006 Tiburon GT. Paint is looking amazing but what about the hard black trim around the windows? Can I apply UPP on this also to protect it or am I better off with something else?

a.k.a. Patrick
03-10-2007, 11:12 AM
You wont want to apply it to anything porous. As it will stain rubber. Great stuff isnt it?

imported_smprince1
03-10-2007, 11:15 AM
I agree this stuff is great on paint, but it has stained my rubber and textured plastic trim.

Accumulator
03-10-2007, 12:43 PM
UPP stains *some* plastic trim but not all. I`ve used it on the majority of the S8`s plastic with no problems, even used it on the black plastic panels in the wheelwells. But there are a few pieces on it where I *do* get staining. Just gotta take a chance if you want to see it it`ll work OK. The *hard* black plastic, shiny surfaces like Audi "B" pillars, shouldn`t be a problem. The hard black plastic (actually more of a dark gray) at the bottom of the Audis seems to do OK with UPP too, but watch that you put it on evenly so you don`t get streaking. I buff it off with a spritz of UGE or FK425.

If in doubt, I`d use AIO instead and put some 845 on for a topper.

dmxsoulja3
03-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Ever since UPP came in a trigger spray I really don`t use anything else...as often as I can mist it down theres no need for longer protection I love the way it looks and feels!