PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Poorboy`s SSR!?

Black Diamond
03-10-2007, 02:44 AM
Anyone use this? How do you like it for light swirls and micromarring? Ever use it on Black?

Any input is appreciated!

baker
03-10-2007, 05:39 AM
I have SSR2 ordered now, for a red Audi, so I would also be interested in opinions on the Poorboy products.

JaCkaL829
03-10-2007, 06:03 AM
These have been discussed in great detail, I`m sure a simple search can yield you results. I use to love SSR2.5, but ever since I started using Optimum Polish/Compound I`ve had no reason to go back to the SSRs. The main benefits for me we`re the 0 dusting, easy to use and price; not that the SSRs we`re bad, but Optimum just seemed like an all around better product.

imported_smprince1
03-10-2007, 06:57 AM
I`ve used all the Poorboys SSR`s via PC and they are effective and user friendly. Can use in direct sun if that is an issue for you. They hold their own against many polishes I have tried. However, I have notice some dusting, especially with SSR 2.5 and a cutting pad if that is a concern for you.

imported_paradigm
03-10-2007, 09:32 AM
i agree with JohnnyDaJackal...the SSRs are great products, but the dusting made me try other products. once i found Optimum i haven`t lifted the SSRs since.

budman3
03-10-2007, 10:38 AM
The SSRs are a great line of polishes and they compliment the PC very well. Here are a few tips of those who have had difficulties with SSR2.5. I use this product more than any other product to remove swirls.

-Always use a polishing pad with SSR2.5 (it`ll remove a ton of swirls, if not do another pass or bump up to another product)

-DO NOT PRIME WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE PRODUCT ITSELF (very crucial)

-Apply a thin bead of product around the pad for each section of the car

-Spread it at whatever speed you want, Work it in at Speed 6.... don`t be afraid of speed 6.

-If product builds up on pad, remove with stiff brush or wipe off with towel

-Work it in until very clear

-Wipe off

-Admire no swirls

-Go to finer polish (if needed- with the polishing pad you most likely don`t NEED to follow up but it wouldn`t hurt).

SSR1 is a great finising polish which can be used following SSR2.5 with another polishing pad or a finishing pad. This will also take care of your light swirls and micromarring. The SSR line is almost the only line of polishes that I use with the PC.

imported_ChrisNJ
03-10-2007, 11:09 AM
I`ve had a lot of success w/ the ssr`s. I think you`ll find a lot of people enjoy using them.

Black Diamond
03-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Seems like the Optimum has a lot of interest here as well and may be a little bit more versatile product when using with a PC which I will be using.

Any other thoughts?

LeadingEdgeDetail
03-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Once I tried Optimum`s polishes, I have not used anything else.

Usable in direct sunlight, nearly unlimited working time, and it gets out all but the deepest swirls with OHC or OC. And Optimum Polish is just wonderful, leaves perfect finish!

Usable with a cutting or polishing pad.

I friggin love Optimum:getdown

Stickman81
03-10-2007, 03:45 PM
I`ll echo lots of the above comments on dusting and use in sunlight.

The Poorboys was some of the first products I used as a beginer not too long ago.

Here is the first "big time" detail with the Poorboys.

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/73754-98-grand-prix-water-spots.html

They smell really really good. :chuckle:

Best of luck.

imported_Nimble
03-10-2007, 04:41 PM
I prefer the opt c/p duo to ssr 2.5/1, easier to use and clean up after.