PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Hyper Dressing/APC???

sftempest66
03-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Hey guys, well I`m about to place an order and I`ve really wanted a versatile dressing for wheel wells, tires, and engine compartments and I`m wondering if any of you have had any experience with Meg`s Hyper Dressing...Any thoughts? Suggestions? Complaints???

I`m also looking for a general upholstery cleaner, and something safe to use on dirty interior panels and even leather...How does Meg`s APC work on carpet, vinyl, etc? And what else can you use Meg`s APC for?? And one more question, what do both of these products smell like?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

kpagel
03-08-2007, 02:49 PM
Hyper Dressing is an awesome product, you can use it on everything- tires, engine, wheel wells, exterior plastics/rubber. I`ve even heard of people diluting it heavily (20:1 or more) and using it on interior plastic (dash, etc) but I have no experience with this.

APC is also a great product. IMO I prefer APC Plus (the orange stuff). It smells better and seems to clean better.

RyanDe680
03-08-2007, 06:26 PM
APC cleans just about anything, every time. Works great. A gallon of the stuff dilluted to your desired ratio will last you a while.

sftempest66
03-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Ok sounds good! You can use Hyper dressing to treat exterior plastic trim correct? And how would I go about diluting the APC to a mix that might clean tough stains on carpet?? 4:1 (I`m also new to this, is it 4 parts water to one part cleaner?) Thanks!

Mikeyc
03-08-2007, 07:59 PM
I have both Hyper Dressing and APC. They`re both really versatile and effective products.

HD looks great on wheel wells and engine bays. I usually dilute it 3:1 for those uses. So, 1 gallon of concentrate becomes 4 gallons of dressing which makes it quite cost effective.

APC at the right dilution will clean almost anything inside and outside of the car. I`ve used it on tires, wheels, wheel wells, engines, door jambs, dashboards, leather seats, carpets, and probably 100 other places. Typically I keep two bottles of it around. One is diluted 10:1 for lighter cleaning (typically interior pieces) and one diluted 4:1 for cleaning dirtier areas (typically exterior stuff or engine bay). One thing I would say is to use it sparingly on leather. I`ve been told by someone who works in the leather industry that APC is too basic a pH to be used on leather.

Junebug
03-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Mikey - is one better than the other, in other words, if you had to choose...

RyanDe680
03-08-2007, 09:36 PM
Ok sounds good! You can use Hyper dressing to treat exterior plastic trim correct? And how would I go about diluting the APC to a mix that might clean tough stains on carpet?? 4:1 (I`m also new to this, is it 4 parts water to one part cleaner?) Thanks!

You are correct. You can actually purchase this bottle to help you out: 36 Ounce Detail Bottle (http://www.superiorcarcare.net/36oudebo.html)

It lists your dillution ratios on the side so you know exactly how much solution to use with how much water.

kpagel
03-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Meguiar`s also makes bottles specifically for certain products. So you can buy a product that is already branded with the Hyper Dressing label, and has markings for appropriate dilution ratios for that product, as well as health information regarding that specific product. They`re only $2-3 each.

Mikeyc
03-08-2007, 09:54 PM
You are correct. You can actually purchase this bottle to help you out: 36 Ounce Detail Bottle (http://www.superiorcarcare.net/36oudebo.html)

It lists your dillution ratios on the side so you know exactly how much solution to use with how much water.

Alternatively you could go to Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowe`s, or your local garden center or hardware store and buy a bottle with dilution markings for a little over $1 each.

Mikey - is one better than the other, in other words, if you had to choose...

You can`t really compare them because they`re totally different products. One is a cleaner and the other is a dressing. APC is probably the more versatile product. So, if you only bought one or the other you would probably get more use out of APC. On the other hand Hyper Dressing is a great dressing for wheel wells & engine bays. It looks great and is cost effective.

sftempest66
03-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Awesome info guys, I just ordered a gallon of Meg`s APC/Hyper Dressing, 4 Spray bottles, Pinnacle`s Leather Cleaner/Conditioner, and OC New formula, I can`t wait to get my new stuff :clap: